Sadie - 1974 Imperial LeBaron

Good on you Collin, glad to see you enjoying your car. What people often forget is that driving is freedom - to boldly go where no man has gone before - oops, that's Star Trek lol.

Seriously, having a car and the ability to drive it means you can go anywhere at anytime - no waiting for public transport and having to go where that goes - freedom. I guess within the next century and probably your lifetime, the driverless vehicles one reads about in science fiction novels will become more and more common - it'll be convenient to hop into one, direct it where to go and enjoy the ride, but won't be the same as driving yourself, especially in such a lovely car as yours. I used to feel like a king in.my 78 Lincoln's, nothing else like them.

Thank you and I agree completely. I’ll be driving Sadie until the lawmakers have to pry me from the steering wheel.

Well, I'm doing my part in keeping at least one of these Detroit-made works of art on the road. :usflag: I'm only twenty but most people my age are driving those little econo-toasters. (Even most of the older folks :eek:) I'm slightly guilty of the same because I daily drive a 2007 Honda Pilot. I'd rather take that to my college campus instead of my beloved Imp because the students drive like maniacs through the parking lot dinging doors and bumping into parked cars without remorse. Not to mention I highly doubt Sadie would fit in any of those compact spaces. I was nearly hit by one girl in a Prius playing on her phone when I was walking from my car to class..
I understand... I recently had a young lady smear ugly minivan down the side of my DD... the parking lot damages would kill me in one of the black Twins.

Please continue to let her be the vacation from the DD she is now. Use her all you like, just not in the DD capacity... yours is too good for that.

Many of us truly love that there will be a few of you younger folks to love these cars after us. It's the little DH's that want to cut up the interiors or turn them into lowriders with lousy ride quality we worry about... IMO, that makes you a rare and valued member. We have a few other younger folks... but none with a 30k original black Formal.

:thumbsup:

Thank you and I agree completely. I’ll be driving Sadie until the lawmakers have to pry me from the steering wheel.

Believe me, we alll appreciate you young guys that come to your senses and get and drive these old Mopar's instead of Kia's with a fart can.

:thumbsup::usflag:

Colin... you’ve got a lot of us old farts rooting for you... including one newly minted “Sergeant at Arms” member.

You’re doing good kid!

Javier.

I hope that We car nuts could protest against law as a huge group with the same goal in mind.

Getting her back from the mechanic after fixing a leak.

78A7BEEF-6402-4BFB-AA20-58A852E8FDF8.jpeg

42D86831-748F-471B-9165-AE55EA27977B.jpeg

EB13CD72-AEA3-4C90-943C-E617B40CD9E2.jpeg

I believe it had an Antifreeze leak. Took them some time to get the right part in. We have to take her back in to look at the driver's side window because it's been repaired twice and for some reason has stopped working again. It's only that window too.

Can it be a faulty wire letting the electricity to somewhere else than to the window motor? My dad`s
79 LeBaron (M-body) has a wire like that and the rh rear door does not open despite having otherwise power door locks.
In your case the wire is shorter but still...

I believe it had an Antifreeze leak. Took them some time to get the right part in. We have to take her back in to look at the driver's side window because it's been repaired twice and for some reason has stopped working again. It's only that window too.

Unless you are well versed with the removal and installation of the window motor/window regulator I would leave it alone and let a mechanic work on it. Formal window motors can take fingers off if you don't know what you are doing. I would recommend buying both FSM's on EBay or a copy from bishko.com if you plan on keeping the car.

That's what I'm doing. I wouldn't trust myself working on it on my own. :D I'm keeping her for life.

Collin,

Absolutely nothing wrong with having repairs done by those who know. It’s also a good way to keep all your fingers too.

Last edited:
Back