For Sale Sale pending 1968 chrysler 300 $1500 obo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie

Reaction score
Contact seller
Im selling my 1968 chrysler 300. Its a 440cu/in 727 and 8 3/4 rear end. The body is rough but i have extra body parts.
Floor pans from the firewall to the rear seats, deck lid, passenger side frender. The engine runs really good, the trans shifts good.The only big problem is the front brakes need to be done. call or text vinnie at (734) 604 3233 and have a very nice day

20160608_221004.png

Welcome fellow Michigander! That car shouldn't last long at that price. It's a very desirable model at an entry level price and it runs and drives? If it were a '66 I just might.

you can get those bud calipers sleaved n re-piston'd . would be like brand new , rebuilders use stainlees steel bore liners , never do them again . its not cheap , nor are the lower ball joints .

I just had mine done locally through calipersonline.com and I am very pleased. One of the more expensive brake jobs I've had to do.

had mine done from john stuart in stoney creek ont. 280.00 a side canadian. stainless sleeves and new pistons etc. what did you pay if you don't mind my asking.

About the same.

here in calif everything is higher costs , starts with the land , can't get my shop to float in the air nor my cars , so i'm stuck on the dirt here . and paying more to get it done or get it to me . the outfit firm feel steering in washington state can rebuild the lower ball joints for about half of new napa ones . napa's were about 438. each , yes the decimal point is at the end of those numbers , so about 900 bucks w/tax for both sides . ffs about 400 for both rebuilt , budd disc brakes only 65 thru 68 c bodies only . makes for an costly noise job , lol .

Goddamit this car shows up at the worst possible time, almost 2 weeks off and a $3000 repair bill, and a 68 300 fast top (my favorite) shows up at a very reasonable price. GLWS but if for some reason it does not sell before Xmas I will be recovered by then and be interested.
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

70bigblockdodge , hope you get it , this time of year car sales are off a bit . people sending there doe on x mas . keep my fingers and toes cross for you .

Goddamit this car shows up at the worst possible time, almost 2 weeks off and a $3000 repair bill, and a 68 300 fast top (my favorite) shows up at a very reasonable price. GLWS but if for some reason it does not sell before Xmas I will be recovered by then and be interested.
I'll check it out for you if you'd like!

here in calif everything is higher costs , starts with the land , can't get my shop to float in the air nor my cars , so i'm stuck on the dirt here . and paying more to get it done or get it to me . the outfit firm feel steering in washington state can rebuild the lower ball joints for about half of new napa ones . napa's were about 438. each , yes the decimal point is at the end of those numbers , so about 900 bucks w/tax for both sides . ffs about 400 for both rebuilt , budd disc brakes only 65 thru 68 c bodies only . makes for an costly noise job , lol .
I can buy upper and lower ball joints at Auto Zone for the Imp..

they fit detmatt the c body budd spindles are different , got a pair of 5'' bc budd disc assemblies , and the calipers are , but spindle steering ball is not the same . is there another ball arm that can be used or ? can the later stuff be used 75 up ?

Ill keep you posted

they fit detmatt the c body budd spindles are different , got a pair of 5'' bc budd disc assemblies , and the calipers are , but spindle steering ball is not the same . is there another ball arm that can be used or ? can the later stuff be used 75 up ?
I don't think so, you C-body guys are screwed...:poke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back