Saw this before work

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
'60 Desoto Adventurer. Originally from Connecticut. Owner said it was one in a million, parts were impossible to find. Hand formed quarter panels that took a year to get done. Fenders redone. Chrome around reverse lights hand made and other assorted bits. Only got these 2 l pics due to lack of time. Had a red and white interior, not sure if original style or custom, sorry no pic.

IMAG2696.jpg

IMAG2697.jpg

IMAG2696.jpg

IMAG2697.jpg

That was the FB guy who claimed no cars should be parted out.

That car is so Dam beautiful but there is hardly a part left in the world for one I would be scared to drive it most the time.

That car is so Dam beautiful but there is hardly a part left in the world for one I would be scared to drive it most the time.

I have a friend who wants to sell one of his cars with only 5000ish original miles on it. He says he hates trailing it every where and when he does drive it he is afraid someone is going to hit it.

I would drive the Desoto with no problem, but if I had personally put all that time in the restoration I might feel a little different.

Yea it is a Double edged sword kind of That you would have the most unique, Elegant, Beautiful car around but it is so precious and impossible to find even the smallest part for it would give me a lot of anxiety.

put my 91 gmc on the road last year for a couple days after a 7 year resto to have a couple small things done....already have a dam rock chip on front hood after bein on road for cpl hrs....
l find myself wonderin about the GT when its done...l wonder how other folks approach this issue and wondering if lm now the owner of a future trailer queen...have already assured myself this car will never see a long hyway trip...kinda see myself having more fun in my 70 survivor than the 71 gt...thoughts?

A car can be restored over and over again, but low mileage factory original is another Thing no Money can buy.
I drive my completely redone car most often and I already had to have the rear quarter repainted as a construction sign fell against it on a stormy day. No big deal.
The single stage met. car with 44k Kilometers is another Thing...

Back