I acquired DL27L0D148841 from @Tobias74 earlier this month. This Polara convertible's scheduled build date was 51 years ago to the day: October 31, 1969. The color is my favorite, and I had yet to own a fusie C-body with a console, so I took the plunge and thus deviated (some more...) from my long-term goal of keeping ´only’ four fusies. Tobias himself had scored this ragtop in August from a seller in Regina, SK. That person apparently had gotten it from the original owner, who is now very old. Here she is when she was being advertised in Saskatchewan this past summer. We learned in this post that the car was bought by the first owner for his wife. Tobias also told me that the 'vert was used in local harvest parades. The car must have been used for some other things as well, because the first time I put her up on a lift, I found evidence suggesting that an aftermarket hitch was at one point welded on but later was removed (see the photo below). Tobias has promised to help me get in touch with the first owner, and I look forward to hearing first-hand about the car's history. DL27L0D148841 is one of only two known surviving FQ3 turquoise Polara convertibles (hence her name). The other also has a 383-2, black bucket seats, power windows, and a black top but DL27L0D110005 (i) was in very rough shape the last time we heard of her -- back in 2016 -- and (ii) has a buddy seat rather than a console. Thanks to research by @Bill Watson and @kmccabe56, and posts by @Fratzog, we know that just 25 FQ3 Polara 'vert were produced for the US market in model year 1970. Although I have been unable to find out how many FQ3 'verts were among the 144 manufactured for the Canadian market at the Belvidere, IL plant that year, their number was likely a single digit (assuming that color choices were similar for the Canadian and US markets). Bottom line, the likelihood to find another in this condition is pretty small -- hope springs eternal, but I am glad I got this one. Cherry on the cake: I like fender signal repeaters and she has the L31 option (Edit: I initially thought that the car was the only Canadian 'vert with the L31 option code, but 86/144 cars came with the option -- 85 of them by way of having the A01 Light Package). Even if she was built on the day of Halloween 1969, Regina is neither a ghost nor a Frankenstein. She was repainted in the original metallic light turquoise. Tobias had told me that the paint job was professional one and indeed, while it is not flawless, it looks good -- among the few imperfections I found are a bit of "ghosting" on the hood (which I hope will buff out), three small bubbles and a hairline crack on the deck (Dutchman panel, driver side), a couple of bubbles on the RHS front (of which I was aware before buying the car) and rear fenders, and a couple of bubbles on the RHS rear fender extension. There is some overspray on the gas cap and on the springs, but that's easily fixed. Most importantly, the car appears to be very solid underneath. The only bondo that I could find when I put her on a lift is a bit of fiberglass on the left-hand lower rear quarter, just behind the wheel; the rest of the underside appears original and free of any structural rust. So, what is next for the car? I have driven her for over 300 miles in a variety of settings since delivery on October 19, and Wyatt put another 60 or so miles on it yesterday. We agree that the following is needed: 1. tires, suspension, steering, mounts, driveline: the original tires were old, so new 235/75R15 whitewall tires shall be ordered at the end of the winter; the A-arms, idler arm, and ball joints will all be replaced and the steering box will be rebuilt as there is some sloppiness in the steering; the shocks need replaced front and rear too; the rear springs looked fine at reception but are now almost flat, and so they shall be replaced as well (which will take care of the overspray ). To get rid of some vibrations, the engine and transmission mounts shall be replaced, as well as both U-joints (only the rear one is on its way out, but I might as well replace both and be done). 2. there is an exhaust leak at the manifold on the driver side, so the required work shall be done; the tail pipes have a pinhole on the RHS and a bigger hole (due to rust) on the driver side, so the exhaust shall be replaced sooner rather than later. 3. the car lost its rearview mirror at some point, and the passenger sunvisor has a loose articulation system --> both shall be replaced; ditto for the high beam headlamps -- one does not work, and the shape looks goofy to me anyways. 4. with a couple of caveats, the interior is in pretty good condition: there are no cracks on the seats or the door panels; the driver's armrest is beyond salvation so will be replaced with a vintage piece, courtesy of @71Polara383's used parts inventory. As Tobias had noted, however, the dash is in sorry shape and needs a full restoration. The rimblow steering wheel has multiple cracks, and the horn does not work, so it'll be replaced when the winter is over. I am not sure if I will replace the carpet right away because, despite its having faded (to a darkish gray) and having a tear in front of the rear seat on the driver side, it is in pretty good shape overall. 5. while the dash is out, I plan to take the opportunity to refurbish the radio (which rich now only outputs white noise) and replace the speakers (for which I plan to follow the advice of @Ross Wooldridge in this thread). 6. finally, the power window motors all seem to work, but the mechanisms need servicing. That is in the cards. Hopefully, that should do! Edit: I forgot to mention the brakes. The four drums work fine 99 percent of the time, but at very low speed (parking speeds, approaching a red light or drop sign), the power assistance seems to disappear. The booster will be rebuilt, and the master cylinder may get replaced.