For Sale Selling my 1987 Chrysler Fifth Ave $3500, 72k 1 owner before me

Status
Not open for further replies.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue with 71,720 miles. I bought this car from my friend's father who purchased this car new from Tufuno Chrysler Plymouth in New Britain, CT. Sadly, the dealership closed several years ago when Chrysler shuttered a lot of dealerships.

My friends father purchased this car new when he was around age 70 and had the car Ziebart rust proofed. At age 100, he stopped driving this car last year but is still driving. He has had a Subaru as a second car and this car was rarely driven in the snow and was always garage kept.

I bought the car toward the end of last year and have not registered or insured it. This car is CLEAN underneath and this car has been well maintained with the selling dealership maintaining the car until they closed. My friends sister drove the car to my house, a 25 minute trip with no issues and I kept this car in my garage all but a few days since I have had it. The car always starts right up and as soon as you put it in gear, she starts to move.

Leather interior with some slight wear on the driver's seat, power everything, the A/C blows COLD, AM/FM/Cassette.

The ashtray is missing. The prior owner removed it to put switches in to operate a brighter light in the ashtray area and to operate the power antenna, which stopped working automatically. The power antenna is not working with the switch installed. I have not had a chance to troubleshoot the issue. The driver's side power window is stuck down. The motor turns so I suspect that the plastic gear broke and I bought a new Dorman replacement gear. The HVAC system recently went on defroster default mode after making a sound that clearly indicated that there is a vacuum leak. Again, I have not had the time to do anything with this car and did not wash it or vacuum it before taking the photos below.

There is some very slight surface rust on the front edge of the driver's door, on the left forward edge of the dog leg, a spot on the right front door from a chip and on the front edge of the door and some rust staining on the right door sill where the rust proofing plug is located. The vanity mirror on the sun visor is not working and appears to be disconnected.

The headliner is coming down and needs to be repaired or replaced. If someone wants to look at this car I would be happy to put it up on my lift to show how nice the underside of this car is. The car comes with a spare rocker molding, a new motor mount and I believe a pair of NOS torsion bar mounts, not that it needs them. The prior owner wanted to get them on my friend's advice when Chrysler was discontinuing them.

I have battled back and foot issues this year and therefore have not done anything with this car. I don't need to sell it but with it, my garage is full and the money from selling this car could help me with some of my C Body projects as I am becoming limited in the work that I can physically do. Questions are welcomed.

2018-09-09 008.JPG

2018-09-09 009.JPG

2018-09-09 015.JPG

2018-09-09 017.JPG

2018-09-09 006.JPG

2018-09-09 007.JPG

2018-09-09 003.JPG

2018-09-09 020.JPG

2018-09-09 004.JPG

2018-09-09 005.JPG

Last edited:
I always loved the leather interior in those models. They were nice riding cars. Someone could get into the old car hobby for not a lot of coin with that car. Hope it finds a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back