Selling On B.A.T.

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Has anyone sold a car on B.A.T.? If so, how did you make out? What was the cost? How was the procedure? I'm thinking of selling either the 79 300 or the 74 Monaco wagon. Just don't need both cars to drive, maintain and store. Thanks for any input.

I have been thinking about selling on BAT. I think if I was south of the border, I would have by now.

your 300 (wagon too) is nice Chris ... bet they'd would do well anywhere. Never bought/sold on BAT though so sorry I don't have better feedback.

Last edited:
When I first decided to sell my NYB, I took the usual glamor shots into Bat thinking I would make bank there. They replied that it wasn't appealing to "their" audience but would list it as NR only. Screw them.
Went to Hemmings. Made Car of the Day or something write-up.
< CRICKETS >
Got my price 2nd time around on eBay.

BAT isn't totally bad at least for lurkers, but it's definitely a "soft-core" and heavily scripted venue for selling cars. And they're opinionated, as Stan pointed out.

Owned by the San Francisco Chronicle / Hearst press (thought police).

Commenting on Bring a Trailer

Last edited:
I love BaT. I have not sold one there, but when i get around to actually putting the Imperial up for sale, it's going there. They have to approve your car; it's not just "hey, I want to sell my car on BaT, here's a shitload of pics and a description!"...it has to go through their approval process. From the time you make a submittal and to the time it's run, it could be three months or so. They will advise you right before your car runs. It costs the seller $195.00, IIRC, and that's it! The buyer pays a minimum of $250, and a max of $5,000 for the buyer's fee. Compare that to the auction houses out there, you can't beat that! They DO like to nudge sellers towards "no reserve" auctions, though.

They recently ran their 100,000th auction! Impressive, considering they started in 2014. I bought my '71 IH Travelall off of BaT, but that was back when they also ran ads off of CL to help fill their pages. I wouldn't hesitate to sell on their venue. If your feelings get hurt easily, it might not be for you. Most commentators are pretty knowledgeable, but there are a few knuckleheads.

Their current ownership has little to do with BaT as a whole. All of the original BaT people that started there are still there. It's a refreshing change from the nonsense of ebay, CL, and FB; as well as the drunken insanity of BJ, Mecum, and the big auction houses with their exorbitant fees, and more.

Last edited:
Not BAT but reminded me that I have been contacted by Hagerty market place to use there service to sell or auction a car.
I don't think it would have the eyes that Bat has, but Hagerty has just started.

Back