Serious issue?

Seriously. They're tough vehicles to align correctly, and the vague steering doesn't help, but it can be done. It's tough to find competent alignment techs, and that compunds the problem.
The problem is in the flat rate pay system. A conscientious alignment tech who improves his skills starts doing other kinds of work and the shop puts a lower paid guy on alignments (entry level work) who is learning or doesn't care about anything but the next paycheck. For the shop, why pay $30 in labor when you can pay $10... the customer pays the same. I was originally going to send you to find a new guy, but I decided against it only because there was a chance the first guy would care enough to figure out the problem. It did drive straight when he was done. It sounds like you have 2 mediocre "toe setter's" located and still need a good alignment tech.

BTW, lifetime alignments are a scam. Few ever get their money's worth back from them, but like lifetime muffler and lifetime brake lining warranties... they keep the customer coming back for more repairs (and more parts). Assuming an old set of tires show no wear patterns and the front end is still tight, you don't need an alignment with a new set of tires. With your commercial use, I imagine you get as much out of the lifetime alignments as anyone.

Back