Shocks

TNT440

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on what shocks I should put on front and rear of my 66 300. Not towing anything.

KYBs have been a favorite in here for a long time. Monroe used to be the OEM supplier to Chrysler, but I'm not sure about their current model line. Some have said the fronts are not stiff enough, but the KYBs work well.

Just some observations,
CBODY67

KYB, KYB, KYB..

1000000466.jpg

1000001462.jpg

The question is "Why" the load-levelers on the back? Perhaps Monroe has some of them? Otherwise, the "evil" air shocks (which KYB might have), at minimum-to-level air pressure tp level the rear ride height might be needed.

A noted issue with KYBs on the front is getting them into "the tube" when installing them. A few threads in here on how some have navigated that situation.

CBODY67

The car currently has air shocks. I don't really want air shocks. Are KYB gas adjust load levelers. I have no idea. Just want good shocks. I am replacing all of the suspension on the car.

Are the part numbers KG4507 for the front and KG5512 for the rear? There is also another part number for the rear 343159.

Are the part numbers KG4507 for the front and KG5512 for the rear? There is also another part number for the rear 343159.
The KG units are the two that I’ve used on all my fuselage Dodge C-bodies. I like them.

Back