For Sale Since 1961 Dodge Darts are Popular At This Moment - Here is Another One

Status
Not open for further replies.

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix | eBay

Except for a hood fit issue on the passenger side, looks like a very nice car. It must not be driven much if at all given the appearance of the engine compartment. I would have used black heater hose though, and looked hard enough to find a molded radiator hose........................

Item specifics
Condition: Used Year: 1961
Mileage: 57,800 Interior Color: Rose/White
Make: Dodge Number of Cylinders: 8
Model:
Dart
Transmission: Automatic
Trim: Phoenix Body Type: Sedan
Engine: 318 Poly Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Drive Type: RWD Vehicle Title: Clear
Fuel Type: Gasoline Exterior Color: Dust Rose/Silver
For Sale By: Private Seller

20170212_145115.jpg

20170212_145137.jpg

20170212_145233.jpg

20170212_145308.jpg

20170212_145317.jpg

20170212_145409.jpg

Original mileage – Completely Rust-Free – Stunning color combination.

This 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix has under 58,000 original miles. It features the original 318 poly engine, Push-Button Transmission, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Antennas (working, not dummies), Radio, Heater, Windshield Washer, Trunk Light and Remote Outside Mirror.

The car was disassembled and professionally painted Dusty Rose with a Silver/Gray top. It boasts new upholstery using original fabric, new foam padding, new windlace, new headliner, new carpet, new rear deck vinyl, and a new dash pad. Door panels and arm rests are original! I have the original Owner's Manual and Warranty Certification Booklet. The trunk has its original jack and jacking instructions, along with the original cardboard side liners and new carpet.

The tires are like new. Car starts right up and drives down the road with no problems. All the electrical systems work – Heater, Tail Lights, Back-up Lights, Turn Signals and Brake Lights. The upper set of rear lights are hooked into the brakes, tail lights and blinkers. The “panelescent” lighting works perfectly and all the gauges work. The parking brake system was rebuilt as well. I replaced all the belts and hoses, heater control valve, and changed the oil. You can drive this car anywhere.

The only things not working at this time are the radio, (it makes noise when turned on), and the horn (it may be the relay). The clock is accurate twice a day.

Floors are perfect, trunk is perfect. Not even any surface rust underneath! Car shows no evidence of ever being in an accident. The chrome and trim are all original as well, inside and out. There are some parking lot dings in the front door trim, but the rest of the stainless around the car is near perfect. The front bumper has some light pitting, but still shines. The rear bumper has a scratch on the end. I believe it is a 2-owner car and spent all its life in the state of Washington.

Please feel free to call me (Dave) with any questions - 702-292-1201. I will help out where I can with shipping arrangements. Car must be paid in full before it leaves here. Inspections are welcome, but only before the auction ends please.

Yeah Steve, I see what you mean on the hood alignment. Probably a worn sloppy hinge. Push down on the back corner and good as new. Until you open it again.

love the rear ends but the front bumper and grill don't quite cut it for me

The seller's description suggests to me that this car has had a colour change. Unless I see the fender tag to show me that car originally came with that paint and that interior, I'm going to be dubious. Full marks for getting the right cloth for the seats (I still have my bolt of it from when I had my Brown '61 Phoenix 4dr hdtp). I could see having a red interior with that paint, but not red and brown.

As for the heater hoses, maybe he figured red hoses to go with his red car? But two thumbs down on the flex hose to the rad. Flex hose says "I don't care about getting it right, just getting it to work."

Sorry but I must disagree... that Buckskin is the equivalent to "**** Brindle Brown" Not a very appealing color imho. I've seen it in person.

Sorry but I must disagree... that Buckskin is the equivalent to "**** Brindle Brown" Not a very appealing color imho. I've seen it in person.

proud to have some old school Brindle blood runnin through my viens :D

Thinking about my Cdn '61 Phoenix 4dr hdtp, the vinyl on the seats was brown to match the dark brown of the cloth, the carpets were also brown. That dash pad looks either like a backyard facsimile or a poor attempt at recreating the original. Spending the bucks to have just dashes redo it would have been my choice. Those twin swept-back antennas don't strike me as stock.

But I love it, and would spend the $$$ if I had them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back