Slab found in the woods

Triple Pickle

Reaction score
Searching for parts for my Fury, I came across this jewel. 4 door sedan.

4B5B027B-43B2-493D-8690-E660A4B4C933.png

CCAAD49C-5A42-4CC6-B54F-BF57D2244BFE.jpeg

3F807687-0FB9-4BCC-9483-315BCA7F035D.jpeg

a 440 4 door sedan. wow. some guys would give their left nut just for the hood ornament. surprised its still there.
It’s been sitting there as long as I can remember. In the summer you can’t even see it unless you know where to look.

I'll get in line after @livininharrow for that one too if its available. maybe some other things if its a real squad.
I don’t know what it is for sure. It’s been covered in briars and vines like that forever. That’s the most exposed I’ve ever seen it. There’s a lot of cars up there, most are in the same state of being reclaimed to the good earth.

I don’t know what it is for sure. It’s been covered in briars and vines like that forever. That’s the most exposed I’ve ever seen it. There’s a lot of cars up there, most are in the same state of being reclaimed to the good earth.

Funk being reclaimed. I see a future build thread in the cards after the '70 is done! :icon_fU:

If squad car, Puke mat alert!

cant say that i know the value chief. never bought or sold one. maybe others can chime in on market price for this 440 hood ornament?

to me, its the kinda thing "you know it (a good price) when you see it". if you said "$50" id say ok, if you said "$100" i'd prolly respectfully pass. again i dunno their value though - i just made up that example.

as to parts on squads, there may be 30-40 unique things like fast idle switches, horn rings, ac cutoff switches, sirens, fuel lines underhood some depts. used to gas up stranded drivers, unsilenced/dual snorkel air cleaners, HP engines, shotgun racks, HD wheels, electronic stuff, etc., that civi cars didnt/rarely have.

on this car, other unique hard/soft parts may be toast though as Ma Nature in a snow belt has been claiming it for decades -- not worth the effort to salvage them w/o getting the car inside, powerwashing it or something, and going over it. thats a big job too...

like @hergfest said. if owner agrees, maybe first find out what it is, whats still there or not, good or not, etc., see if you can eyeball it w/o draggin' outta there. or just get some pics for posterity but otherwise move on.

for me it looks like it would only be a parts car if it were available for sale. if not police, i wouldnt want too much off it, and if police its way too big a resto project at my age.

happy new year boss!

cant say that i know the value chief. never bought or sold one. maybe others can chime in on market price for this 440 hood ornament?

to me, its the kinda thing "you know it (a good price) when you see it". if you said "$50" id say ok, if you said "$100" i'd prolly respectfully pass. again i dunno their value though - i just made up that example.

as to parts on squads, there may be 30-40 unique things like fast idle switches, horn rings, ac cutoff switches, sirens, fuel lines underhood some depts. used to gas up stranded drivers, unsilenced/dual snorkel air cleaners, HP engines, shotgun racks, HD wheels, electronic stuff, etc., that civi cars didnt/rarely have.

on this car, other unique hard/soft parts may be toast though as Ma Nature in a snow belt has been claiming it for decades -- not worth the effort to salvage them w/o getting the car inside, powerwashing it or something, and going over it. thats a big job too...

like @hergfest said. if owner agrees, maybe first find out what it is, whats still there or not, good or not, etc., see if you can eyeball it w/o draggin' outta there. or just get some pics for posterity but otherwise move on.

for me it looks like it would only be a parts car if it were available for sale. if not police, i wouldnt want too much off it, and if police its way too big a resto project at my age.

happy new year boss!
Ok I’ll do some investigating on it.
The owner is a great guy but sometimes his pricing is off kilter in my opinion. It’s hard to tell what the story is on it.

Show em a pos mid 70s boat that you're going to demo = crying and whining
Show em a rare cool car = they want to part it out :confused::confused:

Sometimes this forum is too much :rofl::rofl:

youre are good man. Thank you.

She's lookin' like plant food and open to the elements through the windshield. Also looks like she's flat on the ground.

Anything can be saved .. how much time/money/patience does one have?

I can only see one thing that says "fleet". Its got something I have seen/have in my police slabbies.

A police radio (maybe taxi?) component on the firewall I believe, or some other Motorola emergency equipment part.

1672962766850.png

I defer to experts on that or anything else evident. The window "visors" may also be "fleet" in origin but are not unique in that regard.

youre are good man. Thank you.

She's lookin' like plant food and open to the elements through the windshield. Anything can be saved .. how much time/money/patience does one have?

I can only see one thing that says "fleet". Its got something I have seen/have in my police slabbies.

A police radio (maybe taxi?) component on the firewall I believe, or some other Motorola emergency equipment part.

View attachment 574651

I defer to experts on that or anything else evident. The window "visors" may also be "fleet" in origin but are not unique in that regard.
I saw that Motorola box, that’s why I took that pic. Plus AC and front anti sway bar. I was holding the hood with one hand and taking pics with the other…

Back