Sleeve for '65 SF Seat Belts

Ram Fury

Reaction score
Lads --
I was able to get some new seat belts for my '65 Sport Fury, but they didn't come with the sleeve that they retract into. The belts themselves are very good but when they retract they get almost out of reach behind the seat. Anyone have an idea where I can get the complete assembly?
Joe Godec

The retractor "cup"/"sleeve" placed the retractor, when retracted, about 6" forward of the mounting/pivot bolt. Which is usually about where your lh would fall when seated in the seat. I suspect they would be the same for all '65-'66 C-body cars, but probably most found on Chryslers AND color-keyed to the seat/carpet color.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Starting a parts wanted thread would be a good place to start.
Lads --
I was able to get some new seat belts for my '65 Sport Fury, but they didn't come with the sleeve that they retract into. The belts themselves are very good but when they retract they get almost out of reach behind the seat. Anyone have an idea where I can get the complete assembly?
Joe Godec

these are what i have in mine

1369.jpg

1370.jpg

Dan --
I need the front ones, both driver's and passenger's sides, for the dark red that went with the Medium Red Metallic exterior. I replaced the old belts which had the sleeves, but I think I would have to slice them apart then glue the, together to fit them on the new belts (which are the proper color). Here's a pic that may help. Sorry about the weirdo.
Joe

IMG_2167.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Joe
I had to pull real hard to get the belt thru, but it did pull thru. Drilled out 2 pop rivets and was able to fix the tangled seat belt.
I figured the factory must've gotten the belt thru the sleeve somehow. Good luck and welcome. Ben
1973 Monaco, Fixing a rear seat belt
1645746080673.png

Back