Snowbound Desoto

Made a run to pick up some parts
20201203_172201.jpg

This intake/ carb setup was sitting in the far back corner of a semi trailer that hadn't been opened up in over 25 years. It looks like it was rebuilt and set aside for a special project. It was buried by old Ford nos small parts and was dug out by a young man whose into FL cars. Unfortunately there is no air cleaner for it, so I'm looking for something period correct, and / or cool looking.

Some info I found on the carb
CK4482 Carter WCFB Carburetor Kit

Last edited:
Put the wheels together from pieces laying around outside. Was a warm -4 out so the wheels went on. It's officially a roller now. AAJ brake set up secured, from a member. Baby steps.
20210215_161257.jpg

This 57 Desoto popped up on my feed the other day. It was my day off so I sent a message to the owner about it, figuring it was sold. A few hours later I got a response, so I took off for a 3hr ride to the snowy side of the state. Nice guy, said he was packing up his body shop and family heading for the warmer temps of the lone star state. Story goes he did some work for a gentleman who had some cars, the 57 being one of them. Being a Chevy guy he picked up several GMs , but the old desoto spoke to him. The owner quit driving the 57 in 1974. His house burned to the ground in 1978, along with all the titles.
Fast forward the owner goes to the mvd to get duplicate titles, seems the cars haven't been registered in so long they dropped out of the system.
I looked the car over, and it needs some typical metal repair, but is complete with a 325 poly. I'll go get the car after the snow melts , not sure of its direction yet.
View attachment 359737 View attachment 359738 View attachment 359739 View attachment 359740 View attachment 359741
WICKED

Back