So how is the new site software?

ummm...... Do you see something different?

View attachment 512669
I see the same. But try searching by member without including any keyword -- it won't work (unless you also click "message content" -- in that sense, there is a solution, but I only found it because I saw your screen shot above and thought I ought to try).

PS: thank you for fixing the previous limit on how many old PM threads one could see. Till a few days ago, it was just the ones from the pst 2 months or so. Now I can see all of them.

I see the same. But try searching by member without including any keyword -- it won't work (unless you also click "message content" -- in that sense, there is a solution, but I only found it because I saw your screen shot above and thought I ought to try).

You sure? Cause it works for me.

I'm not sure -- but it looks like I can search for conversations where the user I search for replied to or started the conversation. But not ones where they didnt actually post in the conversation. ie I sent a birthday message but they didnt respond

1. it is now possible to export an entire conversation without printing each page separately, but AFAICT the export options do not allow one to save the photos. In contrast, the "export thread" option for regular threads does is functionally close to perfect (thank you for that, better than the old software, which itself was an improvement over previous options).

I have the coder looking into how to do this

1. it is now possible to export an entire conversation without printing each page separately, but AFAICT the export options do not allow one to save the photos. In contrast, the "export thread" option for regular threads does is functionally close to perfect (thank you for that, better than the old software, which itself was an improvement over previous options).

try now

Don't know if anyone else misses this feature but before there was a tab on the profile page called "Post areas". Am I overlooking it or is it gone?

Well I've long ago learned that when things change on Internet websites to use the analogy "its like moss it'll grow on you" but just now I was reminded of the much hated Mouse Over Pop Up, not just on this site but all across the 'net, seems you have to navigate web pages like a mine field of a 90's **** site.

IMG_20220301_104225030.jpg

IMG_20220301_104225031.jpg

Shame the popup no longer works on the Alerts notification bell like it use too. I don'kno could be me, could be my browser, could be the new wonders of HTML5, could be the plague of issues (graphic) I'm having with Windows 10 Home, dam Windows 10 update turned on/undid/reinstalled many of the stuff I thought I got rid of.

I'm getting to old to keep up with this ****.

:rofl:

No complaints here. One question though, regarding the four icons on the bottom of each post. Thumbs up is "like" as always, green check mark is agree, I believe? Red X is clearly still disagree. So what is handshake? I've consulted a few people I know who I are Facebook users and they don't know. A quick google search leads me to believe that it's the equivalent of agree. So is it redundant or does it have a different meaning?

Also, this one I just noticed. No big deal really, again just a question. The last couple of posts, including this one, the font changed midway. No sweat off of my sphere's, just asking for a friend.

No complaints here. One question though, regarding the four icons on the bottom of each post. Thumbs up is "like" as always, green check mark is agree, I believe? Red X is clearly still disagree. So what is handshake? I've consulted a few people I know who I are Facebook users and they don't know. A quick google search leads me to believe that it's the equivalent of agree. So is it redundant or does it have a different meaning?

Also, this one I just noticed. No big deal really, again just a question. The last couple of posts, including this one, the font changed midway. No sweat off of my sphere's, just asking for a friend.
"Thanks" If you are on your computer or laptop you can hover the cursor over it and it says "Thanks"

Back