So I apparently found where all C bodies go to die.....

popped out to the yard again today. Took a saw and some clippers with me, actually got it so I could see the '73 cop car.
mc cleans 9.jpg
mc cleans 10.jpg
mc cleans 11.jpg
mc cleans 12.jpg
mc cleans 13.jpg
mc cleans 14.jpg
mc cleans 15.png
mc cleans 16.jpg
mc cleans 17.jpg
mc cleans 18.png

What's interesting is to see the blue and white Chryslers from the late fifties with the gaping holes where the headlights used to be (in post #62). Any time someone asks why you don't see many examples of these cars anymore, this should answer the question: they rusted away, thoroughly and quickly.

Any 70 Sport Fury 4 drs? Need side moulding off front doors on both sides.

After ah through review of this 2 months post came a glimmer of lite to this old brain on the question Catnip ask way back in December 'bout why we alwayz see old carz behind farmerz barnz. In 1943 I waz wizzin' on ah fender of 1 of maybe 8 or 9 old 30's vintage Phordz behind my grand dadz barn. When I waz done with that task I walked back around the corner and into the barn and I ask my Grampz why they they were all out there and he just said it's the war Lefty(he called me that 'cuz I are one) Then he added that because of the rationing goin' on we can't buy tires or partz to keep the one in the garage runnin' so we do what we gotta do for us and the war effort. Damn that waz ah long time ago but it still makez sense.

After ah through review of this 2 months post came a glimmer of lite to this old brain on the question Catnip ask way back in December 'bout why we alwayz see old carz behind farmerz barnz. In 1943 I waz wizzin' on ah fender of 1 of maybe 8 or 9 old 30's vintage Phordz behind my grand dadz barn. When I waz done with that task I walked back around the corner and into the barn and I ask my Grampz why they they were all out there and he just said it's the war Lefty(he called me that 'cuz I are one) Then he added that because of the rationing goin' on we can't buy tires or partz to keep the one in the garage runnin' so we do what we gotta do for us and the war effort. Damn that waz ah long time ago but it still makez sense.
Thanks Jer... guess some of those guys forgot to do anything with them after it was over... there is a definite line between saving and hoarding... unfortunately the hoards don't do the cars much justice. Especially in wet climates.

The be fair, these guys started in '55, had a good sit down with them 2 weekends ago, If it weren't for them, these cars would of headed to scrapyards and have been crushed 40 years ago, I'm appreciative that these ones were just put on ice since the 60's and up.
Nick

The be fair, these guys started in '55, had a good sit down with them 2 weekends ago, If it weren't for them, these cars would of headed to scrapyards and have been crushed 40 years ago, I'm appreciative that these ones were just put on ice since the 60's and up.
Nick
I dont mean to be bashing anyone... just that if the car had ever been savable, putting it in a field pretty well takes care of that. Your spot was once a operating salvage business, they are rare finds and getting more rare. I grew up hunting on farm land and state forests. The one old farm had a patch we walked in through that had the farmer's old "collection"... mostly disintegrated and mature trees growing through cars. It was the first time I had ever seen that, unfortunately not the last. I could have spent hours looking at them all if I had been allowed... lots of good parts ruined by time, exposure to the elements and gun play... I know you are finding stuff, but there would be more if the cars were in any way protected. Its a shame, but they were valueless junkers when they went in there.

Back