Some of Our Members' Cars Displayed at MCACN Show This Last Weekend:

After the designated parking spots were determined my car and the 300H were in the general area, and we both didn't know why we were not closer to the main display. We agreed the Pontiac guys with the 421's & 428's probably said something to management since we were the two non-Pontiacs that showed up.

My gut tells me the conversation started with something like "Hey, can you get those 2 Dodges parked somewhere else, they shouldn't be near us.'

55 300 Vin 1 made its debut. I still haven't seen the car. Sadly, had the flu and had laryngitis. Didn't want to risk getting anyone else sick. I still haven't seen the car! I was to see it for the first time at its debut. I'm not one to show a car, but decided to this time. Was amazed we earned the 1000 point award on Saturday, announced at the unveiling. Whitehall did an unbelievable job on the car. On Sunday, I find out another judge came in and said I should be docked a point for "shiny paint". Kicking my car down to a 999. Now, none of this makes a flying flip of difference to me. It's just an example of why I hate judged car events. I have video of the car being signed off on by the judges as a 1000 point car, only to have it reversed a day later. It seems a few other cars magically got docked 1 point, as I did, on Sunday.

I'm hoping to see the car in the next few weeks. Not sure if I'll enter it into a judged show event as I'm not one on politics and I'll run my mouth over dumb stuff like the above. It sounds like it was an amazing show with some amazing cars and I truly hate I missed it.

IMG_5213.jpeg

55 300 Vin 1 made its debut. I still haven't seen the car. Sadly, had the flu and had laryngitis. Didn't want to risk getting anyone else sick. I still haven't seen the car! I was to see it for the first time at its debut. I'm not one to show a car, but decided to this time. Was amazed we earned the 1000 point award on Saturday, announced at the unveiling. Whitehall did an unbelievable job on the car. On Sunday, I find out another judge came in and said I should be docked a point for "shiny paint". Kicking my car down to a 999. Now, none of this makes a flying flip of difference to me. It's just an example of why I hate judged car events. I have video of the car being signed off on by the judges as a 1000 point car, only to have it reversed a day later. It seems a few other cars magically got docked 1 point, as I did, on Sunday.

I'm hoping to see the car in the next few weeks. Not sure if I'll enter it into a judged show event as I'm not one on politics and I'll run my mouth over dumb stuff like the above. It sounds like it was an amazing show with some amazing cars and I truly hate I missed it.

View attachment 568753

I was surprised that on the Chrysler 300 Club, Int'l, Inc website the video of the car presented at the show didn't include you - so thanks for clarifying why. After such an enormous and successful effort, it indeed is a shame you couldn't be there and then some judge with an outsized ego had to try to make a name for himself by just having to diss on "shiny paint" - the car was virtually new when it was raced so the judge felt it should have road trip dirt on it and sand or something? The attention to detail in that restoration is superb by Whitehall. My dad had a 1955 Chrysler New Yorker St. Regis deluxe when I was just a kid that I still remember well in all of its details and this effort reminded me of so much of that great model too.

But then again, the result is just fantastic in my view and worth all the effort. The significance of that car can not be overstated to me at least, being the very first one of a long line of outstanding models that even continued on after the letter car series ended with the 1965 models and the 1955 Chrysler products were also the beginning of the Forward Look era at Chrysler that changed styling forever on all cars from mostly not so interesting to something really stylish.

View attachment 568753

This one sounded familiar. Incredible restoration.

For Sale - 1955 Chrysler 300 Series 1955-3N551001-HEMI-FIRST 300 BUILT!

The First Ever: 1955 Chrysler C-300 Chassis #001

They're doing 58 300 Vin 1 as well. It's a fuel injected car. Should be fun, not sure if I'll show it haha

They're doing 58 300 Vin 1 as well. It's a fuel injected car. Should be fun, not sure if I'll show it haha
Well, if it would be a completely original restoration, you would have to at least improve on some of the early electronic components to make it reliable. In that case some judge might take points off because the electronics were improved with more modern transistors or capacitors, etc.

I sure hope you would show it here at least, but maybe not at MCACN and teach them a lesson - I for sure would want to see it and hear all the details. I am curious how they could have improved the system at a minimum to make it reliable instead of recalling all of them. When you are done, maybe show it at another Show with judges demonstrating better judgment.

When you are done - the faithful here would certainly appreciate what went into it.......................

I also recall that when I attended some Spring Fling shows here in California in the more distant past, there was a Chrysler 300 club member often there named Sherwood Kahlenberg and I am not sure he is still around (he hasn't been in the club roster for several years at least) but each time I was there he seemed to track me down and tell me many times he had like 3 or 4 sets of original electronic fuel injection complete systems that he wasn't willing to sell. If true, I hope perhaps you might have acquired some of them if they could aid in your effort.

Beautiful car. I remember when this one was moved out of its barn / bramble thicket years ago.

Sounds like some chicanery on the judging. Are they feeding the judging points through a Dominion machine? haha....

I also recall that when I attended some Spring Fling shows here in California in the more distant past, there was a Chrysler 300 club member often there named Sherwood Kahlenberg and I am not sure he is still around (he hasn't been in the club roster for several years at least) but each time I was there he seemed to track me down and tell me many times he had like 3 or 4 sets of original electronic fuel injection complete systems that he wasn't willing to sell. If true, I hope perhaps you might have acquired some of them if they could aid in your effort.

I have all of those now in order to get the best pieces to try and make this thing run. Whitehall did the 58 FI desoto, so it made sense to have them do the 58 D.

Found another video from MCACN that was posted on Youtube, giving the C bodies 3 minutes of airtime beginning at 2:25

Mr Kahlenberg has passed away.
his son Aaron Totally 80's is a member here and has been keeping us upto date on his 77 T&C - Last T&C

Back