Some people should not work on cars

rv2

Reaction score
I’ve been going over the 73 Polara and doing some preventative maintenance, I noticed a vibration at 75 mph and a trans leak.
I removed the trans pan and found an old rag in there!
Extra filtering? Lol!
Then I found my vibration, someone had recently installed a rear u joint, they neglected to in stall the c clips on two of the caps! The u joint was moving in the yoke and straps.
1D8BAB75-0079-4F1C-B451-E43CEEA58D57.jpeg
86FA1A8E-C100-4E15-BBC1-85CBEAC23896.jpeg

If it was up to me....

I would also have the driveshaft spin balanced and replace the U-joints.

Dropped it off this morning, new joints and a balance job.

You just don't know if the previous owner knocked off a weight for balance off the driveshaft and who knows what happened with previous U-joints. Maybe one broke and the driveshaft smacked the ground or the chassis and possibly ended up slightly bent or out of balance.

Years ago I bought an old tractor just for grading fence lines. Before putting it in service, I decided to check/replace all the fluids. When I removed the oil filter canister I couldn't help but laugh. It was stuffed full of cotex!

Years ago I bought an old tractor just for grading fence lines. Before putting it in service, I decided to check/replace all the fluids. When I removed the oil filter canister I couldn't help but laugh. It was stuffed full of cotex!

Seen that on an old tractor that a buddy had several years back. Removed the canister, and told him "Hey, is your tractor on the rag?" and pulled out a bunch of tampons! I guess they worked, right?

Back