Sometimes I can't beleive the stupid things I do;

bulldogchesty

Reaction score
I have been cutting out rust and welding in patch panels lately. last weekend I was welding in a panel and wondered why my tacks where so large, I thought I was holding the handle to close or too far away. Of, course when I just about finished I looked at the dials on my mig welder and saw that I must have bumped the wire dial to full speed. Son of a bioch. I have learned my lesson to check everything BEFORE welding. I now have to gring these large moleholes. Damit. I'll take pictures when I can

[h=2]Sometimes I can't beleive the stupid things I do;[/h]

When doing the 4 speed conversion, I had just pulled and reinstalled the tranny for the 150th time.
I went to start it to check my work and nothing.
Late. Soaked to the bone. I was about to explode.
I grabbed a beer, went into my shop and put my legs up on the desk to contemplate WTF went wrong.
I swung around and saw my starter sitting on my work bench...

Ever tried to drive a car inside to save from hail with the throttle linkage disconnected for carb synchro, or to keep a car from rolling by trying to put the gear selector in "P" with the tranny pulled ?

I had another one in high school. I had a Chevy Impala that broke a tie rod at a campsite, it was fun kicking the tire to turn the into the parking spot.

In few words, Did EXACTLY the same thing.

Also turned it to max voltage once when I flicked the wrong switch.........

Then there was the whole lets try the new trans with no brakes thing.................

The best one I did is unbolt the rear shock shackle when I had the jack stands on the axle and my head over the brake hub. I dam near cut my head off when the axle hit the frame. My favorite one is when I bolted on a max wedge intake on my Charger and didn't quite get exhaust block off and the fumes ignited and set the breather cap 100 ft in the air.

Last edited:
One that happened to me; I was driving to work in the early winter it had rained during the day and I took a merge lane to fast(I was running late) and hit the curb ripping the running borad off and damaging the front tire/ suspention on the driver side. Not knowing it at the time I had shed 3 of 4 studs off the tire and bending my control arm like a banana :S
I drop buddy off at work and drive back home 55.8kms home before I said **** it and let the car hit the snow bank 200 meters from my house. Once I get my neighbor to pull me out and get it home I come to realise that I had a whole horse up my ***.
My brother looks at me as we're pulling everything off and says " Your retarded lucky this didn't go on you on the highway"

It was about 40 below with I got home... I'm happy I only had a 200 meter walk :p

Did one of the dumbest things I've ever done in my entire life this weekend. Zac stopped in Columbus to show me his super cool bluesmobile & got to witness the fiasco.

I pulled my trailer out to show him my challenger & since I was only moving a few feet I wasn't careful with the trailer & I failed to latch the hitch. Pulling the car out turned into a game of teeter-totter. Unfuckingbelievable.....

Did one of the dumbest things I've ever done in my entire life this weekend. Zac stopped in Columbus to show me his super cool bluesmobile & got to witness the fiasco.

I pulled my trailer out to show him my challenger & since I was only moving a few feet I wasn't careful with the trailer & I failed to latch the hitch. Pulling the car out turned into a game of teeter-totter. Unfuckingbelievable.....

Picture's.......

I'm glad that situation worked out for you.

Did you get any pictures of the blumo and your Challenger or the cars in your shop?

That would be cool to see..........especially if Zac took the pictures. LOL!

Can you believe I didn't take a single picture of Zac's car? Well, I didn't....

I don't know if Zac took any or not. My shop is pretty dark though so it's tough to get good photos. I think he was a little stunned by my display of stupidity anyway. Not every day you get to see a 30' teeter-totter.

We sold my son's Saab on ebay and when the guy came with a trailer, he was hesitant to load the car himself.... So I drove the car up on the trailer myself. Got half way up the ramps and the front of the trailer came up. The guy had never latched the hitch! He drove 80 miles with the trailer like that.

What really scared me was he was standing at the front of the trailer and it almost caught him as it came up. I stopped the car with the nose of the trailer up and then when he was out of the way, backed the car off very slowly. The hitch came down on the ball so at least we didn't have to pick it up.

& I failed to latch the hitch. .....
I hear ya, bro.....

images

Can you believe I didn't take a single picture of Zac's car? Well, I didn't....

I don't know if Zac took any or not. My shop is pretty dark though so it's tough to get good photos. I think he was a little stunned by my display of stupidity anyway. Not every day you get to see a 30' teeter-totter.

The good thing is that no one got hurt.

"For illustration purposes only."
We didn't have phones with cameras back then. Or phones for that matter.

Been there done that, "Did you latch the coupler and put the pin in"

"Of course buddy"

"Holy ****, hang on"

we made it down the huge frickin hill, through the hairpain turn, and the trailer popped off the truck, broke the chains and I purposely dumped it in the ditch when it tried to pull out and pass me.

moral of the story, my buddy while meaning well isn't alloud to do the chains or couple the trailer.

Then there's the story of loading the car and him running the manual winch while I pushed...........

Back