Source for Engine bay dust shields.

66/440

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a source for the rubber dust shields that attach to the lower portion of the wheelhouses in a 1976 Formal?

PicsArt_01-08-04.46.22.jpg
Nobody makes them. Nobody.
I had to make my own 7 piece shields for my 76 NYB from material obtained from Detroit Muscle Technologies..
He has my old ones to make the dies for a Formal someday if demand calls for it.
That's not gonna happen.

And these cars need them.

Last edited:
View attachment 67872 Nobody makes them. Nobody.
I had to make my own 7 piece shields for my 76 NYB from material obtained from Detroit Muscle Technologies..
He has my old ones to make the dies for a Formal someday if demand calls for it.
That's not gonna happen.

like stan says make your own. simple really. sheet rubber and a pair of scissors. made stuff a lot tougher than that over the years.

View attachment 67872 Nobody makes them. Nobody.
That's not gonna happen.

Thanks Stan. Yours look great!
Found the masticated sheet at Steele Rubber: Masticated sheet. Sold only in multiples of 1 by 4 foot to a maximum of 5 by 4 foot.
I think the masticated rubber sheet is a new product for them. I looked for it a few years ago and finally found it at a rubber supply company in California.
I have built these for other cars just was hoping that I could find someone who was making a set that I could get quickly.

Steele has had that for a few years now. I ordered some about 5 years ago.

Back