Spare tire mount in 67 Fury convertible

HappyJack

Reaction score
How does the spare tire mount in the trunk of a Fury convertible? Is it the same as a sedan? My trunk floor has been replaced by the previous owner, and I don’t have a spare tire mount.

As the space at the front of the trunk floor, over the axle, is now occupied with the convertible top well, motor, and such . . . the spare tires were usually mounted flat on the rh side of the trunk floor. Perhaps the correct retention devices are already on the existing panel, as it probably came from a non-convertible? If so, perhaps they can be moved to the rh floor area OR replicated there?

Might be some illustrations in the FSM and especially an owner's manual. Would not need to be specifically for a Fury, as I suspect that all C-body convertibles are the same within that particular body series ('66-'68, maybe '65 too). Maybe even the parts book? www.mymopar.com

CBODY67

There should be a bracket mounted on the right side of the trunk floor with a loop that the threaded holddown rod hooks through. Perhaps someone on here can post a photo of what it looks like.

Thanks for the replies. There is a loop on the floor of the trunk on the right side. I currently don’t have a top installed on my car, but I assumed it would take up the space so that the spare couldn’t be mounted in the normal spot.
Now I just have to find the mounting hardware in the many boxes that came with the car.

Thanks again.

This is a 69, yours is probably similar.

2010-08-31_003.jpg
\\

Alan

Back