Spark Plug Wires - Recommendations Please

When I was young and industrious and my concentration was longer, I made my own sets economically (Well, kinda sorta... Lol) with good old Packard 440 wire and Rajah terminals.
To this day, I don't think that combo can be beat.

It STILL is THE BEST bro! I opted for just exactly that, and Mathilda purrs very nicely with the ignition I tuned with these wires.

So... ~25' @ $1.50 per foot with $3 each for the Rajah plug terminals. Not so cheap anymore. LOL

Got my Rajah's for ~ $1 ea. Not too bad w toodaze dollarz. You don't see Packard 440 for less than $1.50/ft though. its still not too bad a price. There are other vendors of 7 mm copper core wire at a lower price, but I opted for the 440 stuff after my first home-rolled stuff.

I use to make my own wires too back in the day. Had to.....burning them up all the time with headers.

I did however get some pictures of the reskinned 79 300 seats in full Katzkin leather from my upholstery guy....
47ed5395-5c83-4e0d-a182-ea3ba3c1f4a1-jpeg.jpg
Where'd he get the cover for your seats? When i bought my 300, the drivers side was pretty rough but luckily it came with a brand new mopar replacement cover. I had that put on and now the passenger side looks crappy.. LOL

Where'd he get the cover for your seats? When i bought my 300, the drivers side was pretty rough but luckily it came with a brand new mopar replacement cover. I had that put on and now the passenger side looks crappy.. LOL

They were sewn professionally from a single hide of Katzkin leather. The upholsterer who does all our new car leather kits did it from scratch.

Actually in hindsight I should have done them in naugahyde but there is a world wide shortage of naugas....

I'm not sure what hear it was, 72 or 73 I think, but Chrysler changed the routing of the plug wires on the B/RB. As already mentioned the Mopar Perf reproductions do not fit Formals/ newer B/RB routing as they only cater to the muscle car era.
Add to that the fact that it's very hard to find pre-fab orange wires like the Formals had, if you're concerned about a correct looking engine compartment. Seems even the make your own style favours other colors.

I'm not sure what hear it was, 72 or 73 I think, but Chrysler changed the routing of the plug wires on the B/RB. As already mentioned the Mopar Perf reproductions do not fit Formals/ newer B/RB routing as they only cater to the muscle car era.
Add to that the fact that it's very hard to find pre-fab orange wires like the Formals had, if you're concerned about a correct looking engine compartment. Seems even the make your own style favours other colors.

I am not hung up on OEM matched wires just neat and tidy and work well. I have the Cut to Fit Mopar Performance wires here now and I am waiting for the Taylor Cables to arrive to compare. The MP wires all have straight plug boots so not sure if that will work as well on the 76 RMB as the 90/135 degree boots that the Taylor Cables will have. Stay tuned....

My criteria for choosing plug wires has always been "work well and are the correct length". They had to be good enough to last a decent length of time, not interfere with the radio or ignition system and get the spark to the spark plug. (...) buy from Lectric Limited and never looked back. They fit like they are supposed to and seem to work well. IMHO, extra $$ was well spent. The bonus (to me) is that they look OEM.

for $79 a set for a 1971 440 they are what I am going to order:

1971 Dodge Parts | MD4671 | 1971 Mopar Date Coded Spark Plug Wire Set Stamped 3Q-70 - 383/440 | Classic Industries

They have them for virtually all specific applications according to engine and model year and date codes. Worth a try IMO.

You can buy them from the people that build them for Classic. A couple bucks less.

Search results for: '1971 CHRYSLER NEWPORT/NEW YORKER/TOWN & COUNTRY/300'

These are all I use now. Ever since I bought my nicest convertible.

Gentlemen: when you get the Lectric Limited wires, do you also order their grommets? Medina has little spark plug wire holders already in place on the engine. I guess the additional grommets will make a cleaner look, but are not required? Please advise!

Gentlemen: when you get the Lectric Limited wires, do you also order their grommets? Medina has little spark plug wire holders already in place on the engine. I guess the additional grommets will make a cleaner look, but are not required? Please advise!
I've replaced mine. My car only needs 2 though and I found a vendor for Hoffman Winner Circle pieces. Much cheaper... I used these on my Barracuda with the Commando valve covers too.

Hoffman's Winners Circle Ignition Wire Brackets

Part # AX005

I've replaced mine. My car only needs 2 though and I found a vendor for Hoffman Winner Circle pieces. Much cheaper... I used these on my Barracuda with the Commando valve covers too.

Part # AX005

Thank you, @Big_John and @saforwardlook. Armed with your posts, I found out that:

1. Hoffman's makes not only the grommets I was asking about but also the whole range of brackets and isolators for our C bodies' wires (and for other Mopars, too).

2. Hoffman’s website helpfully provides informative pictures showing where the various isolators go.

3. The company does not sell direct but Mancini Racing carries their C-body brackets and isolators.

the next Fury am looking at hideing all the wireing l can includein plug wires...thinkin about runnin them under the manifolds...not shure of the clearance ect..last set l did was on my 91 gmc but it had headers....after a clean look so will probally have a set made up...
would like to see some pics of wire setups...
good link twostick:thumbsup:

Part # AX005

NICE! I have almost all my brackets, but they're OLD. I used 3M rubber tape to re-insulate some of them. Got a pair of cheap shiny grommet holders that the valve covers share bolts with to supplement. 'Twill be GOOD to get a set of proper new brackets for my plug wires.....

The BoaB is running repop date coded wires from National Moparts. No fitment issues,no performance issues.
I did run on the 66 300 Pertronix 7mm wires but terminals and were tight fitting at the cap with the elbow style boots and the coil wire is too long.
Yet no performance issues.
boab 2018 005.JPG

1966 300 revival 002.JPG

I'm not sure what year it was, 72 or 73 I think, but Chrysler changed the routing of the plug wires on the B/RB. As already mentioned the Mopar Perf reproductions do not fit Formals/ newer B/RB routing as they only cater to the muscle car era.(...)

I plan to replace the spark plug wires on the '73 NYB that I just acquired. I have been happy with the Lectric Limited set that I got last year, at @Big_John's recommendation, for Medina (my '71 Monaco) -- but LL does not list any wire set for 1973 RB engines. Their last set of “date-coded spark plug wires, fits 383/440 c.i.d. V8, 3/1972 to 8/1972 date code, reproduction. (...) NOTE: These wires are for use with points-type ignition only; they will not fit cars with electronic ignition systems.”

Any plug wire recommendations for a '73 T-code?

Back