"Special" Editions

One of these 74 Sundance cars sat it a field not 30 miles from me, for many years. He wanted 3500 for the car. I did a drive by about 2 years ago and the car was gone.
View attachment 144507 View attachment 144511
This car is killer. I could totally be talked into getting one of those. Love the color, graphics and white half top. And the interior is cool too. Reminds me of a 70's summer day. lol.

This car is killer. I could totally be talked into getting one of those. Love the color, graphics and white half top. And the interior is cool too. Reminds me of a 70's summer day. lol.[/QUOT

I remember seeing those cars in the 70's when they were brand new. Cool then.....cool now!

00-1-2-6.jpg

source: 1971 Jeep Commander Hurst

00-1-2-6.jpg

source: The Jeepster: Jeep or Car?

00-1-3.jpg
00-1-3-000.jpg
00-1-3-00.jpg
00-1-3-0.jpg

source:eBay Find: A 1971 Hurst Jeepster Commando – Potentially the Rarest Jeep Ever Made

Last edited:
Hurst 300 Prototype.

'72 IMPERIAL FEATURED IN MOPAR COLLECTORS GUIDE

source: Giant 100-Photo Gallery of Inaugural Hurst Nationals at Carlisle - Hot Rod Network

This beast is the prototype for Hurst’s 1970 Chrysler 300 program, with a custom-fitted decklid treatment, a specialized interior, Kelsey-Hayes custom rims with H70-15 Goodyear rubber, and more. Owned by Cecil Montgomery of Canada, it is in need of restoration but shows excellent potential and drew a lot of attention even in its present state.
00-1-2-6-jpg.jpg

More here: Gallery: First Ever Hurst Nationals in Carlisle

00-1-2-40.jpg
00-1-2-41.jpg

Hurst 300 Prototype.

'72 IMPERIAL FEATURED IN MOPAR COLLECTORS GUIDE

source: Giant 100-Photo Gallery of Inaugural Hurst Nationals at Carlisle - Hot Rod Network

This beast is the prototype for Hurst’s 1970 Chrysler 300 program, with a custom-fitted decklid treatment, a specialized interior, Kelsey-Hayes custom rims with H70-15 Goodyear rubber, and more. Owned by Cecil Montgomery of Canada, it is in need of restoration but shows excellent potential and drew a lot of attention even in its present state.
View attachment 148551

More here: Gallery: First Ever Hurst Nationals in Carlisle

View attachment 148552 View attachment 148553

That is cool. They should have kept the rims to further distinguish it.

Not a factory piece of course. But how its this even done? What got sacrificed here (trunk space? body stiffness? nothing?)

Perhaps there's NO roof at all. they just cut it off, finished the rough edges, and will forever forego driving in inclement weather?

source: A Modified 1962 4 door Convertible

00-1-3-00.jpg
00-1-3-0.jpg
00-1-3-1.jpg
00-1-3-2.jpg

Perhaps there's NO roof at all. they just cut it off, finished the rough edges, and will forever forego driving in inclement weather?

I don't think there is a roof at all, since there doesn't appear to be any latches on the windshield header. Also body on frame would make it structurally the same, with of without roof, I would think.

I don't think there is a roof at all, since there doesn't appear to be any latches on the windshield header. Also body on frame would make it structurally the same, with of without roof, I would think.

that makes sense.

I dunno body engineering standards back then but doesnt a real roof, even in a real vert, help manage body flex/resonance etc?

isnt there more "structure" somewhere in these older cars (i am sure this is true in 90's and up cars) when a convertible rolls down the line?

feel free to point me where you guys kicked this around here :)

Last edited:
that makes sense.

I dunno body engineering standards back then (i know they were the same as when I was IN the industry) but doesnt a real roof, even in a real vert, help manage body flex/resonance etc?

isnt there more "structure" somewhere in these older cars (i am sure this is true in 90's and up cars) when a convertible rolls down the line?

feel free to point me where you guys kicked this around here :)

A convertible of that era does use a different frame, at least one difference being an extra X brace at the center. There may have been more, as Ghia limos started with 'vert frames. However, if there were ever a car where you could get away with such butchery, it's one of these full (boxed) frame Imperials.

Slant Six with 3.91 gears? Wow.

Seller Description

This is a VERY RARE Mopar truck! The truck is a D100 Sweptline Custom Sports Special. This ad will describe how rare this truck really is.

Dodge produced the Custom Sports Special from 1964-1967. These were Mopars HOT ROD trucks with racing stripes and bucket seats. Dodge trucks also had the high performance package that was the 426 Wedge. There were less than 30 trucks produced with both of these packages. However, this truck does not have the 426, it has under gone a complete nut and bolt restoration and is museum quality. The pictures tell the story and don't hide anything. This truck is THAT nice!!!

The factory yellow yeoman 225-cid slant six engine runs smooth and is beautifully presented. The automatic transmission shifts great from the dash board shifter. The factory sport bucket seats are in perfect condition. The bumpers have just been rechromed, topping off this wonderful restoration. The truck was a rust free truck when it was chosen to bring back to better than new. The odometer shows the original miles since new, the first time.

The only thing that has been changed from factory is the rear end. It came with 391 gears and they were changed to 323 for a better cruise.

This truck should be considered in the realm of the superbird's and other rare Mopars and would definately be the needed vehicle to top off anyone's collection. When was the last time you have seen one? Probably never in this condition. Underneath is as nice as above. No expense was spared.

You will not be disappointed with this truck however, you are welcome to view the truck in person, as your opinion could vary. It is sold "AS IS" all though there are no known defects.

Back