For Sale 'Special Order' Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time believing the under hood shot is from this car. Everything under the hood is clean, real clean and look at the rest of it

And when you click on that picture it doesn,t get bigger like the rest!!!

our friend "downundah" tryin' to pull a fast one underhood apparently? if so, that aint cool. :(

maybe someone will get to the bottom of that and post answer here. :)

our friend "downundah" tryin' to pull a fast one underhood apparently? if so, that aint cool. :(

maybe someone will get to the bottom of that and post answer here. :)
Could be a 'how it used to look like 20 years ago' shot.
It's cheap for what it is though.

Could be a 'how it used to look like 20 years ago' shot. It's cheap for what it is though.

its a neat car and at today's exchange rate is about $3500 US. if 69monaco id'ed it post #3, what else is different about it to get a Y39 code? a juiced mill would be cool, plus other HD equipment?

the underhood photo may be exactly as you say, but thats the kinda thing ya tell buyers about, or expect the serious ones to ask (when you compare the tags condition to the passenger side radiator support condition in the photo, plus the cleanliness vs the car, somethings up), so seller needs to have the answer ready in the writeup? :)

i hope it gets a good home as always

its a neat car and at today's exchange rate is about $3500 US. if 69monaco id'ed it post #3, what else is different about it to get a Y39 code? a juiced mill would be cool, plus other HD equipment?

the underhood photo may be exactly as you say, but thats the kinda thing ya tell buyers about, or expect the serious ones to ask (when you compare the tags condition to the passenger side radiator support condition in the photo, plus the cleanliness vs the car, somethings up), so seller needs to have the answer ready in the writeup? :)

i hope it gets a good home as always

Thats not the engine in that car . An L code wouldnt have those and before you go and say but what if they changed it out ....

s-l1600-jpg.jpg

No, no they didnt

Sometimes to view an ebay listing you need to log in to that country's site. Not everything is listed worldwide so what I did was log in to US, Canadian, irish (for the european listings) and the UK sites which helped locate items.

nothing spectacular on the fender tag...really?
383/ac/power
SO# begins with J
Has Y39 on the tag
Has a "special order" 2nd tag
The J and the Y39 translates to Special Order Paint
FY4? It sure looks like FY4 under the hood.
Is FY4 a Monaco color?
The special order tag may have to do with the car being down under as those cars were normally rhd

Last edited:
Thats not the engine in that car . An L code wouldnt have those and before you go and say but what if they changed it out ....
View attachment 150737
No, no they didnt

huh?

i wasnt gonna say anything about this car,, other than just locate it and post pics/link to it as my contribution to this thread.

i woulda then just checled back periodically to see if anybody figured out whats up with underhood thing, and/or replied to someone about one of my posts as i always do.

I did respond to the point crv made, acknowledging it could be an old pic, and IF so, the seller should not do taht without proper disclosure.

so since you pointed it out earlier, yep, i agree that engine pic dont jive with the others as to the cars condition, and i hope we find out why and whatever else we can about this car .. and then move on to the next one :).

WTF happened there? For Sale - For The Cop Car Crowd

that's rhetorical .. but damn. i marvel how fast these threads can skid off the road. I aint takin' no sides .. just observing the action. :(

Anyway, our Australian Monaco is relisted. I asked seller two questions (he didnt post them to auction tho):

1. Is the underhood shot the current condition of the car? His answer was "Yes, mate, all photos are current."

2. Can you explain you L code VIN and your N code looking (HP manifolds/dual snorkel) engine? His answer: "Engine runs strong and healthy but whelsh plugs need replacing."

2 questions asked directly, between English speakers/writers, and 1 answered and 1 not really. I didnt/will not go back at him as I think there's no need.

Back in thread on the '67 cop Polara that's flipped upside down in the infield in flames, 69monaco with simple a Google search OF engine pic in the Australian auction puts the engine thing to bed and confirms the suspicions many of us had.

Weekend Edition – A 1970 Dodge Monaco Coupe found on eBay

Seller Description:

My vehicle is a restored road car with standard issue drum brakes. It was never meant to be a track racer or a quarter mile jack rabbit. So, please, hold off any devaluing complaints about the absence of disc brakes. Absolutely factory-original 383 MAGNUM with 4V and OEM twin snorkel air cleaner. Dual turbo exhaust. Less than 47K true miles. AC. PB. PS. 727. Rear defroster. New AM/FM stereo cassette professionally installed in dash (speakers not yet installed in package tray).

00-1-2-5-3.jpg
00-1-2-5-4.jpg

You are always sleuthing , nice job!
I posted the rear photo of the car to show single exhaust, not duals which begged the question why those manifolds with single exhaust. It was obvious, you proved it.

:thumbsup:

thanks but its a team thing on this one.

crv was the OP and stayed on his thread, i posted the pic after finding an easier link to the AU listing based on what the others said, you first called out the engine discrepancy, some people disagreed/offered alternatives, 69monaco found the pic in the Hooniverse piece where there's little doubt its authentic, then I followed the trail and swept up the leftovers into one last post.

when we get the facts, and for me personally, I don't care if I'm proven wrong about a single thing here. So there's nothing for me to EVER to argue about when the facts speak for themselves.

on this one, the prosecution rests. :)

nothing spectacular on the fender tag...really?
383/ac/power
SO# begins with J
Has Y39 on the tag
Has a "special order" 2nd tag
The J and the Y39 translates to Special Order Paint
FY4? It sure looks like FY4 under the hood.
Is FY4 a Monaco color?
The special order tag may have to do with the car being down under as those cars were normally rhd

A J VON doesn't necessarily indicate Special Order paint.
Superbirds carry J VONs but have standard colors.
Car codes Y05. Built for US specs.

No proof this is an ex military car. It's just a claim.

Need the broadcast sheet.

Thanks for that, seeing as the seller has 100% feedback, I'll contact him about it so he can rectify the mistake (?), or else it will be reported to ebay. I don't like dodgy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back