For Sale Sport Fury GT on eBay (Kirkland, WA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sir ....Dan single handedly brought these cars into the spot light. While most self proclaimed Mopar guys never heard of the GT , Dan stood on his soap box for 20 years declaring their existence, their rarity and how great they are. Regardless of condition or the abuse he took ( ANYONE else would have caved)
Dan was selling them .
You respectfully, sound like him ...

Got it, thanks!

I suppose the difference would be that I'm selling this GT with "no reserve". High bid gets the car.

Last edited:
Small amounts of rust still lead to big projects IMO. From my past and current experience what usually looks like a small amount of rust is almost 90% likely to be much more once you clean it up. Thin metal is just as bad as rust holes when it comes to restoring. If you want your restoration to last, those issues need to be addressed. In my opinion to do a proper restoration your looking in the 30-40 thousand range if you aren’t doing a large part of the work yourself.

I like the car and think it is well worth restoring. It’s just sometimes cars that look like this often times are no less expensive to restore than some that appear rougher. I hope it goes to a good home and gets a good restoration.

How much do you think it would cost you to restore?

It does depend on the level of quality you want to reach.

Or if you really want to restore it.
I try to keep cars as original as possible and fix just things that are important for roadsafety and driveability.

I can assure you that old Mopars can run&drive excellent even with rustholes and give you several decades of fun without touching the rust.

On this particular car I wouldn't touch anything from the outer sheetmetal. I would just leave the lower quarters alone. I would probably fix the floors.

Carsten

It is already well above the value guide ... given that it cannot be anything else above a #4 (that would require no rust at all). The price for a #4 '70 GT is $4,600 according to Collector Car Market. Maybe it's time they do some update ... ;)

#4 Fair: runs and drives OK but needs work throughout the vehicle. Body shows signs of wear or previous restoration work. Any rust should be minimal and not in any structural areas. Cosmetics, body, and mechanics all need work to some degree.

It is already well above the value guide ... given that it cannot be anything else above a #4 (that would require no rust at all). The price for a #4 '70 GT is $4,600 according to Collector Car Market. Maybe it's time they do some update ... ;)

#4 Fair: runs and drives OK but needs work throughout the vehicle. Body shows signs of wear or previous restoration work. Any rust should be minimal and not in any structural areas. Cosmetics, body, and mechanics all need work to some degree.

forget valueguides.
I buy any 70 SFGT in the condition as Trevs all day long for 10k$.

Carsten

3 guys are seriously bidding. Could get interesting, especially if more jump in at the end.

Said it before and will say it again - think this thing goes for a lot more than people think it will.

Yep I agree.
The bidding war has not yet commenced and the starting point will be above $10,500.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:……...c,mon Carsten !!
10,8K at the moment...

Last edited:
Capture.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back