Sport fury GT wheels?

Critter - Are you saying the picture I posted is not a GT wheel setup, or the one you posted? Sorry to be so dim about this.

Thanks Dave. Compared to the regular Sport Fury, are the differences the width of the wheel and the cap?

The SFGT will have the 6" wide wheel for the 70 series tire. The center cap on the example shown is correct for the 1970 SFGT. 71 used a shorter cap. These wheels were standard equipment on the 70 SFGT and an option on other C bodies. If you are going for points, the wheels need to be dated before the production date of the car.

Dave

Post has been corrected

Last edited:
The SFGT will have the 7" wide wheel for the 70 series tire. The center cap on the example shown is correct for the 1970 SFGT. 71 used a shorter cap. These wheels were standard equipment on the 70 SFGT and an option on other C bodies. If you are going for points, the wheels need to be dated before the production date of the car.

Dave

No 7" that I knows of, all SF GT got 15" x 6" JJ rims like the one shown here.

DSCN0421f.jpg

I just measured mine, as you aroused my interest, from rim edge to rim edge they are 6". You are correct. I will correct the previous post.

Dave

Last edited:
There were two different types of road wheels on the Sport Furies and GT's. The standard equipment on the GT's was a plain non chromed rim with the upmarket option having chrome around the outer edge. In 1971 the special upper upper market road wheels with the black centers and wide trim rings were a one year only item and an option on the GT.

PicsArt_12-12-09.39.56.jpg
Plymouth Road wheel GT standard.jpg
goodrich.jpg

Way late but, damn...those GT rings and caps are cool. Only ever seen them in literature and never got a good idea of what they were actually like. Too bad they didn’t put them on more models.

I have a set of these for my 71SF. I bought them off Ebay about 20 years ago for $300. The funny thing is they are identical to the very common Chevy truck rally wheel with the same 16 slots, only the bolt pattern is different. It should be possible to change the bolt pattern on the chevy wheel, but finding the centers, well that's the hard part.

Back