Star Brite Vinyl Cleaner Review

2022-05-14 1970 Fury Front Seats Clean

at the request of @Big_John, I’m providing a review of Star Brite ultimate vinyl clean and vinyl cleaner and polish. Purchased on Amazon.
1.jpg

Vinyl polish does say it’s a cleaner, but if you have stubborn dirt: the Star Brite vinyl cleaner for tough stains is the place to start. I also highly recommend Ansel 37 – 155 rubber gloves. If you have arthritis like me, you really don’t need your hands exposed to over hours of chemicals.
2.jpg

here is the drivers seat, before cleanup. Please note that the rear seat was recovered in white vinyl during the restoration process of this car since I’ve owned it. The front seats have not been recovered. So there is a difference in whiteness that I’m trying to correct with this cleaner.
PXL_20220514_162139927.jpg

I 1st tried the polish, and the results can be seen on the rag at the bottom of your screen. I next tried the ultimate vinyl clean and used a fingernail brush. Also let the ultimate vinyl clean sit on the vinyl for a few minutes before I went at it with the brush and white rags. Center rag is result. Upper rag is clean up.
PXL_20220514_162139928.jpg

So this is the drivers seat after working it over several times with vinyl cleaner, brush and rags. As a matter of fact, it took me 3 hours to clean the 2 front seats and the buddy seat to my satisfaction.
PXL_20220514_165856108.jpg

After thoroughly cleaning the seats with the tough stain vinyl clean, I did give them a coat of polish as a protectant. These are what the seats look like now after applying the polish. I only used rags to polish the seats. I had used vinyl cleaner before, but it was store-bought and I hadn’t got much results. Star Brite is from Amazon. These seats came out of a 1970 Fury parts car that had probably been sitting since 2000. I’m sure I added a little more dirt in the process of getting in and out of the car to fix things. So it was time for a deep cleaning.
PXL_20220514_165927165.jpg

PXL_20220514_190511908.jpg

PXL_20220514_190629687.jpg

PXL_20220514_190654603.jpg

Overall I give the Star Brite ultimate vinyl clean 5 stars. It did excellent work. In fact I think that the seat insets are white and the vinyl around them is off-white. I didn’t know that until now.

The polish I’m not sure about, but it does give the seats a nicer shine and it is supposed to protect them. I’d say it’s worth buying with the vinyl cleaner. I bought both from Amazon.

So there’s my review, hope it helps somebody. Ben

Thanks for the review, any living creature should wear gloves with these chemicals.

Some pictures for fun
7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I know it has nothing to do with the thread, but the factory Road wheels are so much better looking than the mags that I had on the car, that it's almost like night and day. I traveled all the way to South Carolina to buy them from a guy who had them on 66 Imperial with adapters. He had taken them off in favor of original rims. I bought them for $400 and managed to combine the purchase trip with a visit to a fellow Marine who lives in Myrtle Beach that I hadn't seen in 32 years. I had to do some work on the road wheels. I'd probably do a better job if I did it again, but I think they still came out pretty good. Just thought I'd share the story.

I've always have had good luck with this stuff, you can get it at any auto parts store!

1652709220699.png

Back