WANTED Still looking for Dual Quad Oval Air Cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a guy on the FBBO site that puts them up occasionally.... i cant remember his nick off the top of my head, but a search there may do it for you. They aren't cheap, he knows what he has...

HTH, Lefty71 ****EDIT*** Try Hemi71x or maybe Haywire440 over at fbbo

Last edited:
I think Jim has a pair

E8018A97-38EE-4944-88DE-801A381F5EE0.jpeg

thank you. I have my eye on a pair of those, but for me, I have to work acquiisitions like that into my budget. He answered a question for me, but I wasn't clear in what I was asking and a follow up question made him mad. I'm not going to bug him anymore.

Am I in the wrong place? I don't think these air cleaners were ever on B bodies and have read differing opinions if 300's are C bodies or not. I can't believe I have to put this much effort into getting a stupid measurement.

Twostick: I have seen those. Outstanding work and ready to install. The man who took it upon himself to have the tooling made does amazing things with finned Mopars. Judging by the work he does, I imagine his air cleaners will pass for OEM in a car show. He lives in Europe someplace. I found his website once, but I can't find it again to post here. It's worth looking at if you can find him.

thank you. He answered a question for me, but I wasn't clear in what I was asking and a follow up question made him mad. I'm not going to bug him anymore.

Am I in the wrong place? I don't think these air cleaners were ever on B bodies and have read differing opinions if 300's are C bodies or not. I can't believe I have to put this much effort into getting a stupid measurement.

standard customer service over there. LOL

they were last used from the factory on 1962 300’s. There are all sorts of opinions on over the counter, whatever a guy want’s to say there goes I guess, 1978 Volare?

I have a pair on a car and will measure anything on them for you.

For anyone looking for this information, I got this from an expert when asked if there were two dual quad air cleaner configurations:

"The oval air cleaners are 2 5/8 inches high. the correct air filter elements are about 2 1/8 inches tall. I believe the confusion comes from the fact that the single 4bbl 392 engines in 57 and likely 58 used a larger oval style air cleaner that took an air filter of the same oval dimensions, but was 3 1/2 inches tall. When people could not find the correct filter they used the tall one. You could see at least 1 inch of paper element around the ovals when this was done and the filter sat over 3 1/2 inches tall."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back