Stopping the clock on rust

moonrunner1972

Reaction score
I spotted a local body shop with several older cars. Out of curiosity I stopped in to speak with the owner regarding puttling my 1973 Dodge Polara in a coat of primer. As some of you may recall I had considered using lead to repair a pinhole sized rust hole in the driver's rear quarter when I learned that this is not the ideal method of fixing the problem. Anyways I asked if he could do the job without the rest of the body work. He quoted me a price of $900 and estimated it to take about 2 days. Since I know very little about paint and body work I ask you experts out there to provide me with some feedback. Ultimately the car will be repainted its original color and will have all of the body work done properly. Unfortunately due to lack of time, place and money I have to postpone the tear down required to fix the rest of the body.

:sFl_america2:

The quote had been just for the primer. Ultimately I had decided against the decision since my $900 can be put to better use in other areas that the car needs.

Back