Summer road trip...

That's something us easterners never consider... I would just simply find the nearest drive through or overpass

Easier said than done.

truck.jpg

truck.jpg

I'd lose my mind if the Imperial got hailed! The NYBS wouldn't be as bad, as I have access to a complete parts car, if it were to be smacked by hail. The Ford wagon would be a pain to find bits for, if any of the trim were to get damaged; but the rest of the body wouldn't be bad. June is the hail season in the Northern Plains, and believe me, it's a consideration!

My Polara has survived every hail storm nature has thrown at it. My Dart too. Lots ofthick steel. June shouldn't, stressing shouldn't, be too bad humidity wise. I thought summer humidity was bad up here, that is until I went to the gulf coast in Mississippi in August! Didn't know I needed gills to walk around in the daytime!

If that was my Polara I'd have laid across the roof and thrown a kid or two on the trunk and hood

The human body can overcome hail damage and I can make another kid, and he' ll look just like the one I got now

Obviously it's all in jest....except for the part of me laying across the hood

That's the first reasonable Explanation I heard of for having Kids. ;)

Damn, I'd be pissed!

Just about 600 dents and around $9K for the PDR work, new tonneau cover and repaint the roof between the roof rails (they had 3 dents they were not happy with after the PDR - I couldn't even see the problem). Can't even tell it was ever dented now.

I plan on taking my vert on a cross country "ultimate" cruise when it is done, planning on 3-5 years from now. I will drive through hail, road dust, rain, blazing sunshine and anything else the road delivers, all enjoying it while I can. If I do all of this work and then I'm afraid to use the car as it was meant to be used then I've wasted my time and money all these years. Take the vert, I don't think you will regret it.

I will drive through hail, road dust, rain, blazing sunshine and anything else the road delivers, all enjoying it while I can. If I do all of this work and then I'm afraid to use the car as it was meant to be used then I've wasted my time and money all these years. Take the vert, I don't think you will regret it.

That sums up what I think better than I could have put it. With that being said, I would never tell anyone how to use their cars, but I don't think it would hurt anything. I don't think a c is required, I don't have it and my wing vents keep me cool, I also have a black interior. June is actually pretty nice most years. If you're considering by up the first weekend you could catch the Mopars in the Park show.

Damn, I'd be pissed! Take the NYB for crying out loud!!

Without an all covering insurance... That's the way all of us should go, for real. Yes, nothing beats driving a vert all the way, I know... I'm just being practical, so once again - take the NYBS!

OR - have a fun of your lifetime and drive the Imp. You deside and let us know...

Made things easy - my wife and I did a two-out-of-three coin flip - The Imperial won! So, it is going to get a bit of trip prep and some more sorting out before embarking on a nearly 1,800-mile round trip!

impnybs03.jpg

Back