Summer road trip...

I plan on getting a Go-Pro before the trip, so I can have some video of the car along the way. None of us are getting any damn younger, so I figured "what the hell", why not take the big Imp out and stretch its legs on what should be a pretty nice trip. We're staying on I-35 all the way up, but detouring through western Wisconsin and northeastern Iowa on the way back. I might just stay on the two-lane for the majority of the ride back home.

I hope the best for you on this trip Patrick... you and the wife should have one Hell of an enjoyable time only to be enhanced by the Imperial.....

I would reconsider.....I've taken my 78 NYB on 3 road trips from Baltimore to Green Bay and back. Formal's are the elite road king's....exceptional ride, exceptional comfort......and the pair of Flowmaster's is all the music I needed....even though I have the 250,000 light aftermarket radio.

DSC03407.jpgDSC03409.jpg

DSC03407.jpg

DSC03409.jpg

More like a sedan over a convertible I guess, but that's a matter of taste, I'm no convertible guy, I know that.
I took one longer ride once with a friend in one and ended up with a bad cold a few days later. ;)

Great Patrick, I think that's the perfect choice. You've turned a road trip into more of an adventure.

Good choice I guess. Is it summer yet I'm interested in you getting this started, that and the fact that it is 2° outside this am.

Good choice I guess. Is it summer yet I'm interested in you getting this started, that and the fact that it is 2° outside this am.
We aren't supposed to even make that as a high temperature today.

We are supposed to be a balmy 56* today from a low of 20*. Of course, the weatherguessers on TV have yet to be right on anything more than four days out. They seem to get tomorrow's forecast pretty close, though!

I can't wait to get this started! I still need to get the windows working, so I'm removing the window motors in the next week, rebuild those and reinstall; using Mr C's overhaul method. Then, it's a matter of driving the car around for a time to sort things out mechanically. It IS, after all, a 50-year-old car as of September 9th of this year!

Good idea, I took mine to the Lake Michigan shoreline for a shakedown run before Carlisle. That's when my newly modernized radio crapped out...

None of us are getting any damn younger, so I figured "what the hell", why not take the big Imp out and stretch its legs on what should be a pretty nice trip. We're staying on I-35 all the way up, but detouring through western Wisconsin and northeastern Iowa on the way back. I might just stay on the two-lane for the majority of the ride back home.

UHO ..... UHO..... Can I come too.....?
That should be a great trip. Only thing i'd change is the interstate part..... Lifes a journey, avoid interstates.
A couple years back Ellie and I took a 3600 mile tour in 10 days in our 65 Coronet 500 convertible. Alabama to Copper harbor Mich, ( the 65 Alabama tags drew a lot of attention there), through Wisconsin, and back down through lower Mich, Indiana, Kentucky, Tenn. Top never went up except for nighttime at the motel. (You'll need wide brim hats).
Closest we came to an interstate as under one or over one. (Except for the Mackanic bridge, which is 5 miles of I-75)

^^^Timing of the trip makes the Interstate necessary for the trip up, while I can pretty much take my time going back to OK.

Back