FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Driving home the other day.

B3114820-B593-4413-A126-15EEA90A745D.jpeg

99939BDD-35F2-4BA0-9C71-DA73A6FB9E83.jpeg

7419CA9F-2379-45C8-BD3F-A5E17E1361C0.jpeg

AD46839E-0074-45BB-B5D8-397DFBD6EDF0.jpeg

91A47E94-1EB0-4588-9847-F4F6C50C66B2.jpeg

Streets full of electronic plastic cars that will never be worth anything or last anywhere as long as the old Mopar iron.

G'Day,
I Drive a Little Runabout Mazda 626 Hatch Runabout.
What has Always Amused me is the LACK of Bonnet in Front of Me in Later Model Cars.
Sitting at the Wheel & Directing the Motion of a Football Field in Front of You as You Drive
down the Road & Around Corners has a Certain Thrill for Me Nowadays.
The Only Complaint I have is the Sun Reflecting off the Curved Top of the Guards Straight into Your Eyes.
(A Coat of Matt Clear was the Only Solution.)
I Feel Sorry for the Young Who Have never Driven a Decent Sized Car or Know the Meaning of the Word "Torque".
I can Remember a School Friend Having Stopped to give Me a Lift as I was Walking Home One Day. (Many Years Ago)
His Father had Bought Him a 59 Plymouth H/Top with a 361 as a "Graduation" Present.
As I Turned to Close the Door He Floored It and I Found Myself Buried into the Seat so hard I Couldn't Straighten Up. LOL
Ahh, The Memories!
Regards Tony.M

Ahh, the old days.

I'm not sure it should be legal to have that much reflection in front of you ;]

Here's the view from my 1995 2.2 Boxer 5 speed Subaru Legacy Wagon, rather abortive, never very distracting.

IMG_2028.jpg

I Feel Sorry for the Young Who Have never Driven a Decent Sized Car or Know the Meaning of the Word "Torque".
While it's not the same, if you've sat in the passenger seat of a wot Tesla, you still understand torque. Heck... Even my Northstar powered Cadillac has its share.

I love the old Chryslers but there's some pretty neat stuff in the new cars, too.

The most evidently lacking thing in the new cars is the oneness with the machine you experience by wrenching on it. When a powerplant is just an electric motor, the joy of carburetor and timing adjustments is just gone.

Canadians are not supposed to have fun anymore, per your PM, I had heard!!! Love the fact your Imperial is double the physical size of all the cars around it. Sheer presence and awe!

My son could park his little FIAT 500 on the hood of your car!

Back