Survivor 1967 Chrysler Town & Country Station Wagon

My dad had the 67 Dodge Monaco version...9 passenger, fully loaded with the 350 HP 440. What a car that was. I have 4 older sisters and the 3 oldest drove the car. My dad loved that car....but...hated the gas mileage. It was actually a Chrysler executive car...used by George Love, the President of Chrysler board of directors in 1967. My dad got it from the Chrysler district rep in Pittsburgh. I have a theory why the President of Chrysler didnt have the more upscale version of a Town and Country. The Monaco was built at Belvidere Illinois plant which was only 2 years old in 1967. The Chrysler plant in Detroit was much older and quality may have been lesser. I believe that the Execs at Chrysler wanted Mr. Love to have a car built at their newest and most modern plant...hence him having a Dodge rather than an Chrysler.

Well....I saw this video come up on the web earlier, but as much as I was interested in the car, I just could not watch another Lou C video. It is nice that Lou enjoys old cars, and hopefully someday he'll learn something about them.

Well....I saw this video come up on the web earlier, but as much as I was interested in the car, I just could not watch another Lou C video. It is nice that Lou enjoys old cars, and hopefully someday he'll learn something about them.
Lou is better than Charles Phoenix!
Behold the glory!
My Monaco is at 5 minute mark..

Last edited:
Is that your actual Monaco, Barge? I'm confused.
Yes that is my Grace..before I bought her.
Previous owner was snowbirding in CA and showed the car at the spring fling.
It was just do that Charkes Phoenix happened to be there filming the show,lol.
When I picked up the car last October, the 2nd place trophy and dadh plaque ftom the show were in the trunk. How cool is that?

Super cool indeed! Question...where can I get the little spring clips/tabs that hold the window switches in the door cards?

113_2083.JPG

My dad had the 67 Dodge Monaco version...9 passenger, fully loaded with the 350 HP 440. What a car that was. I have 4 older sisters and the 3 oldest drove the car. My dad loved that car....but...hated the gas mileage. It was actually a Chrysler executive car...used by George Love, the President of Chrysler board of directors in 1967. My dad got it from the Chrysler district rep in Pittsburgh. I have a theory why the President of Chrysler didnt have the more upscale version of a Town and Country. The Monaco was built at Belvidere Illinois plant which was only 2 years old in 1967. The Chrysler plant in Detroit was much older and quality may have been lesser. I believe that the Execs at Chrysler wanted Mr. Love to have a car built at their newest and most modern plant...hence him having a Dodge rather than an Chrysler.

Luke Monaco Pic.jpg

Back