Swap meet fodder

Rustyrodknocker

Reaction score
As seen at the PDX swap today. Not much info, the swap meet price was 17.5

20220402_143322.jpg

He will be keeping it at that price.

Hard to tell with one blurry photo, but it looks straight, complete, and not rusted out. I see a different color hood and black wall tires, the rest looks good from here. the face looks great and no dents or missing trim.

@Rustyrodknocker How is the interior? How is it for rust? Did he drive it there?

Something good to see at an all makes swap meet. But selling it is a different story. Gotta start the price somewhere, and folks just love to make a first offer of half the asking price out in Portland and Seattle areas.

Last edited:
Interior was original complete and serviceable with expected checking in the leather .
I did not inquire I just snapped the one pic with my busted camera phone.

Prices were from high to ridiculous in general.
Starting at half price and working down would make sense on most examples.

My two best picks in my opinion was a 66 dart in presentable daily driver condition for 5k.
I would have just bought it if I had space for cars I dont need. My second pick was a 69 mercury cyclone 390 4 speed black bucket seat interior.
Complete project car at 10.5k

The more typical examples were
Plain 69 camaro wavy gravy bondo rattle can paint 29k

73 cuda 440 4 speed swap previous paint jobs showing color 49k

Chevy pickups of the 60's-70's start at 7k in primer and go to 15k with free rust bubbles.

AD series gm trucks 30k

Roached Model A's all priced at more than the nice ones 12k and more.

No C bodies but a few parts and pics of parts cars they had at home.

Cant believe the 20k cars that they cant get to start and run. I just don't understand.

Seen some guys with a 71 camaro very nice car marked 49k and sold but I would be willing to call bullshit. It absolutely would not stay running damn near passing raw fuel out the tail pipe.

Do these people have any skill at all?

Im at a loss. If I am going to load my car up and haul it to the swap and sit there all day and try to sell it for 15k and way beyond, it will damn well start and run.

I don't what else to say other than nearly all cars that are 15k in value or more start and run.

The exception are few.

I was there as well. Agree the prices were even more out of line than they were a few years back. Other than to look for curiosity, I don't pay much attention to the cars there. Just parts, and most of those go back home too is my guess.

Back