Sway bar link bushings

jmustian

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well seems the 300 is a strange animal. My stabilizer link bushings are bad, however, nothing i looked at seems right. Even the FSM shows and says to unbolt the bracket to replace the bushings but mine have no bolts. Its two pieces welded together. Looks factory.

Good right side, bad left side

IMG_20230325_181808501_BURST000_COVER.jpg

IMG_20230325_181750494_HDR.jpg

What you have is factory for C-bodies. From about 1965 - 1973, IIRC. If you can get a new bushing, slice it with a razor blade (if it's not already sliced), then slide it into place, using some silicone (or similar) on the horizontal slice. Or drill the spot welds as mentioned.

Im amazed at the quality back then. 54 years and the right bushing shows no wear. The left was damaged by years of steering leak on it.

I did some digging, and found the Moog part numbers for the bushings I used on my sway bar. I found the numbers on the web and got my parts man to "run" them. When he contacted the Canadian headquarters for Moog, they found the bushings in Tennisse (I think). My guy ordered them in on his regular stock order and I got them a couple weeks later.
"K7064 Bushing kit" (I believe this is the end at the strut rod)
"K7061 Bushing kit" (This would be at the link to the frame brackets)
These may be out of production, but hope it helps. Lindsay

I did some digging, and found the Moog part numbers for the bushings I used on my sway bar. I found the numbers on the web and got my parts man to "run" them. When he contacted the Canadian headquarters for Moog, they found the bushings in Tennisse (I think). My guy ordered them in on his regular stock order and I got them a couple weeks later.
"K7064 Bushing kit" (I believe this is the end at the strut rod)
"K7061 Bushing kit" (This would be at the link to the frame brackets)
These may be out of production, but hope it helps. Lindsay
So the7064 goes around the sway bar? Just making sure. Thanks for the work.

I believe 7064 goes around the strut rod. I hope this is correct. I did this long ago and all I have is the box flaps with the numbers and my note that it is for the sway bar. My note says "Link Kit" on 7061. I think that is the link between the sway bar and the frame bracket. I should have made better notes! Sorry! Lindsay

Back