t & C 6 way seat removal

1966 t and c

Reaction score
Can anyone offer any tips on removing the front seat from my 1966 T&C. I finally recieved the material from SMS to do a couple of small repairs. It has the 6 way power seat. First glance under the seat looks a little complicated with several metal lines and moters etc.

First you want to remove the four nuts from under the floor that hold the entire assembly to the car. Then with the seat out, you can remove the four bolts that hold the track assy to the seat. You may need to power it up with a battery and some leads to run the seat forward and back in order to gain access to all four bolts.

Jeff

First you want to remove the four nuts from under the floor that hold the entire assembly to the car. Then with the seat out, you can remove the four bolts that hold the track assy to the seat. You may need to power it up with a battery and some leads to run the seat forward and back in order to gain access to all four bolts.

Jeff

Yep, that's the procedure. Just pulled the seats out of my '67 Imperial. It has power on both sides. Not a hard job at all. But a bit on the awkward side. Get a buddy to help because you need to unhook the power connections when the seat is leaned back, not to mention getting them out without damaging anything else.

Back