Texas auction of a Mopar Hoard.

Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of the estate auctions, both the actual properties and the home items. There is also another auction with all the containers and such. No pictures.
The second day of auctions with the "parts" is kinda confusing. I'm guessing that they are planning on each auction sale to include everything in the pictures. So, one auction with 20 motors? Or the parts catalogues, all of the books in the same auction? Or are they choice of an item?
I'm into the books. I have none and would like to have a collection like that.
Look close at the books... the majority is newer stuff, but I did see some old and valuable stuff too. You'd have to ship the whole lot, and I didn't see shipping assistance offered... also watch out that they don't change the lot bids in multiples... I saw some stuff in former auctions that led me to believe the buyers either didn't know the value of the item or didn't know they were paying 4times the price.
On a side note it appears with the purchase of some of cars you will get a death certificate! :wideyed:
This is the most disturbing thing about this auction, at least to me... Most of the cars are not clearly able to be titled by the purchaser. Most have open titles and are said to come with the paperwork to facilitate transfer... but AFAIK no state is accepting open titles, and FL DMV sucks. The auction policies state that no open titles will be given, but then that's all they've got. Does TX issue titles to out of state folks? Not every state does, and the fact that many of the cars have the statement "bonded title may be required" bothers me... like it hasn't yet been determined and if so, as I understand it the value of the car for taxes is open to a judges discretion if you do get a bonded title.

Also, as I understand it, its illegal to ship a car without a title... weird that some incomplete cars they think they can title and some complete cars they say are "parts only". I'm interested in how much of this gets clarified before auction time. Please weigh in if you know about TX title law, I didn't try to look it up.

I know that in OK, the State will NOT accept "bonded titles" from other states, period. The process to get a title on a car from a title-state like TX costs about $400. OK does recognize a bill-of-sale from an auction company as proof the car was obtained legitimately, but the court process remains.

I'd have to really, really, REALLY want a car from that sale really bad to do that.

Can they be shipped?? Im in MN, i think bill of sale is ok?? Not sure about coming from TX tho..

Can they be shipped?? Im in MN, i think bill of sale is ok?? Not sure about coming from TX tho..
I would imagine it would depend on what states the transporter traveled through, if the transporter gets stopped and the PD want's to see title documentation and it's not there it could be a violation of state law leading to the vehicle being impounded.

This is the most disturbing thing about this auction, at least to me... Most of the cars are not clearly able to be titled by the purchaser. Most have open titles and are said to come with the paperwork to facilitate transfer... but AFAIK no state is accepting open titles, and FL DMV sucks. The auction policies state that no open titles will be given, but then that's all they've got. Does TX issue titles to out of state folks? Not every state does, and the fact that many of the cars have the statement "bonded title may be required" bothers me... like it hasn't yet been determined and if so, as I understand it the value of the car for taxes is open to a judges discretion if you do get a bonded title.

Also, as I understand it, its illegal to ship a car without a title... weird that some incomplete cars they think they can title and some complete cars they say are "parts only". I'm interested in how much of this gets clarified before auction time. Please weigh in if you know about TX title law, I didn't try to look it up.
Yea and then there is the sales tax plus bidders premium which is a added 22%, sheeet I remember the daze when sales tax only applied to *NEW* vehicles and used vehicles were exempt as with any used item. (long ago).

Add shipping costs, whether the buyer picks it up or has a transport company do the work.

A LOT of transport companies will not haul a vehicle that is inoperative in any way (roll/steer/stop).

Add shipping costs, whether the buyer picks it up or has a transport company do the work.

A LOT of transport companies will not haul a vehicle that is inoperative in any way (roll/steer/stop).
Yea but if'a ya buy the 1973 Plymouth Fury III Police car (I like) you'll get a vintage Tomcat Mouse Rat Trap!

1973 Plymouth Fury III 4dr Police PH41P3D185075_012.TOMCAT.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Boy if they could deliver a few states away.....

At prices like these, (if they actually do sell for close to the listed prices), Still a great value with shipping factored in.
Perhaps could combine some of the shipping for 2 or more vehicles going the same way.

I have my eye on a couple, but will never bid until the very end.

Car will need to be inspected before the state will issue a title, can be a PITA. I asked earlier this year, so I think my info is current.

Ah, am I the only one that was drooling over the 58 Chrysler with authentic patina and hemi???

Car will need to be inspected before the state will issue a title, can be a PITA. I asked earlier this year, so I think my info is current.
Is this a tx thing? The last bonded title i did
Did not require an inspection

Today I can't find the auction with the documents and books. Seems it has been removed.

Last I heard, a while back, the whole bonded title deal is to ensure that the seller is really the owner (or the owner's agent) rather than somebody else. Supposed to protect the new buyer from somebody coming up later and wanting THEIR car back?

I believe the "death certificate" is the Letters Testimentary which specifies the executor of the estate, who can dispose of the estate as desired? The actual "death certificate" is a completely different document issued by the State of TX.

The "open title" would indicate the deceased owner was the owner of the vehicles when he was alive, plus where the vehicle was purchased from?

I would suspect that as soon as all of the money has settled, the seller would supply some sort of documentation of the sale to the new owner? Even for a parts or incomplete car. In this case, I suspect the auction company would be the Executor's Agent who would initiate and orchestrate these things?

Just some suspicions,
CBODY67

Back