The 1973 Chrysler Thread

Found some cool shots surf'n' the web. Looks like Ming.

12717153_1085382874839003_9194670646356487756_n.jpg

fullsizeoutput_2306.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2307.jpeg

12688267_1085383401505617_6495960219053651218_n.jpg

12688305_1085383658172258_6966815268300006760_n.jpg

fullsizeoutput_2308.jpeg

Found some cool shots surf'n' the web. Looks like Ming.

Thanks! Yes, it does, except that Ming's seats are a brocade and vinyl (H7X9) 3-in-1 divided bench seat, not the all-vinyl (H8X9) interior like the car you posted. Both look like JA5 all right :)

PS: would you happen to have the link to the (now closed?) dealership?

Last edited:
Hello Ayilar, No I don't have any links to dealer I found the shots when I did a search on Facebook for 73 Chrysler, that is when I found this group on Facebook. Chrysler et Impérial au fil des années /Chrysler and Imperial any years !
Chrysler et Impérial au fil des années /Chrysler and Imperial any years !
The water mark on the photos "Property of Suzuki of Manchester" might be a lead.

73nyorkerbroughm here, I have a 73 New Yorker Brougham with power sunroof and road wheels, red burnished metallic

Great, do you have pictures of your car that you could post? You've had it for 20+ years now, would love to hear about the history.

PS: I see that you have had questions about the filigree inserts discussed earlier in the present thread -- did you every find some? Same question for the stub frame isolators that you were looking for.

I actually have purchased mouldings on eBay when the price was right, not all though. I think the vinyl tape idea is a good one. I also purchased aftermarket isolators for a b body and made changes to them so they would fit.

What I can list as of now:

Town& Country: 3

I'm sure that there is more of these, but I can't remember them.
´

My T&C, another brown in southern Finland and? The green one that was imported in 80s and has been parted out in late 90s?

´

My T&C, another brown in southern Finland and? The green one that was imported in 80s and has been parted out in late 90s?

Yours, another brown one and a gold one, which was imported last spring.

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

Here are the 3 T&C in Finland that I know. The green one has been parted in late 90s, I have some parts in my car from that

Two members recently acquired 1973 Chryslers:

@IOLA KID's son bought a GE7 4dr hardtop in Ohio (from @Stumpy500) and he will be bringing it home to Wisconsin;

@v8brit is bringing a JF8 T&C all the way from Texas to Brighton, England.

Ok. That one is imported in 2012-13, few years before I bought mine. Good to see it is back on roads :)

I really like what you have done with that wagon since you acquired it. Just beautiful and got the home it deserved.

When I owned it I knew I would never be able to give it the attention it deserved, so I am very glad you got it.

Excellent!

I really like what you have done with that wagon since you acquired it. Just beautiful and got the home it deserved.

When I owned it I knew I would never be able to give it the attention it deserved, so I am very glad you got it.

Excellent!
:thankyou: I need to update my project story here, I have been lazy updating it.

As a number of you know, I acquired a 1973 New Yorker Brougham this past March. Ming will soon be going through a mechanical go-over ahead of the Waupun car show, where I hope to drive her to.

The present thread is not about Ming, though. It is about all the 1973 Chryslers, with the idea of its becoming an informal repository for questions/answers and information regarding the last of the fuselage Chryslers.

There are a number of '73 Chrysler owners on the board. I am sure that I am missing many (please chime in!) with the following list:

(i) NYer / NYB: @73Coupe, @Onslo, @Bigboy, and @Olaf Seiler (the latter in Germany) on the 2-dr side; and @Caper and @Calgary Mike (both in Canada), @yabadaba and @sidsnot (both in the UK), and @Straight eight, @bigmoparjeff and myself on the 4-dr side. @HercarNY owns a NYB too.

(ii) Newport: @DeMopuar and @Scott own 2dr 1973 Newport Navajos. So does @chry73luv, who also owns another 2dr. @monaco75 owns a sunroof '73 Newport with a cool history. @Goose owns a 4dr Newport. @ma_mopar saved and then sold a 4dr Navajo last year.

(iii) Past/future owners: @71Polara383, @traintech55, and @Kevin Carpenter have plenty of past experience with the 1973's as well. @polara71 and @shooter65 are also fans of the 1973's.​

To get the thread going, I'll start with:

1. links to articles in the St Louis Dispatch (2013) and Autoweek (2001) about 1973 NYBs. Neither article is very informative, but each has a couple of useful tidbits. Of course, we all know about the illustrated Hagerty article re: @Caper's NYB from this discussion.

2. a question: from the dealership data book (thanks to the Hamtramck Registry for the link!), I gather that the '73 NYer and Brougham were equipped as standard with a body side moulding including a filigree insert -- but that they could be optioned out instead with a protective colored vinyl insert. Is there a fender code for the filigree insert? Are are two photos of the inserts, courtesy of @Onslo and @shooter65 (for P/N 3744058).

PS: There are links to NOS parts 3744 038 (RH upper front fender) and 3744 058 (RH front door) as well as 3744 061 (LF rear door) and 3744 067 (LH rear quarter) on eBay. From Section 23-214 of the 1973 Parts Manual (Sept. 1973 edition), the P/N for the complete set are 3744 038/039, 042/043, 058/059, 060/061 and 066/067.

View attachment 380189

I'm a 73 NY Brougham owner! My parents bought it new, when my father passed I purchased it from my mom! I love that I've found this group and especially this thread!

IMG_1553.jpg

Back