The Chrysler Kit Car

A lot of Kit Cars where rebodied as Camaro's & ofcourse Chevie engines installed. To be fair you can't blame the racers. After Chrysler's 79 government bail out the parts dried up fast. Chrysler was out of the racing business. Same thing happened in drag racing. Hemi racing parts that where expensive & hard to find to begin with dried up also. Especially for the handful of Pro Stock teams left.
IMG_3259.JPG

Very cool stuff!
like the detail shots of the engine block.
And a camaro bodied kit car! well I guess that explains what happened to some of them.
Great to see the Kit Car sticker on the hood, crediting Chrysler for the chassis.

[QUOTE="sccachallenger, post:
Great to see the Kit Car sticker on the hood, crediting Chrysler for the chassis.[/QUOTE] Yes I thought that was cool

IMG_3554.JPG
3 USAC legends. #21 Ford Torino of Jack Bowser. #11 Dodge Aspen of Roger McClusky & #8 Plymouth Road Runner of Sal Tovela.

Wow! Didn't know he'd raced a Dodge on dirt, wonder what body style?
And thanks for all the "gems", The black #1 is gorgeous!
And the body-work on the #11, really neat.
Great to see the Cushman car being restored, hope we get to see more photos.
I know in USAC, Kits and B bodies raced together.
With those big flares the Kits may not have been as aero as the big cars, wonder how times compared?
Happy to see your finds!

Yes Earnhardt was a hired test driver for Petty Enterprises. He tested several Kit Cars. Earnhardt also drove Dodges for Ed Negree

Back