The Crispy Chrysler

Welcome great collection, any plans to get an E-body and complete the set?

I'm surprised it took him so long to end up here, iirc he had an immediate thing for my Imp but the keys to that car will have to be pried from my cold dead hand.

Welcome great collection, any plans to get an E-body and complete the set?

If I can get one that the price is right!

I'm surprised it took him so long to end up here, iirc he had an immediate thing for my Imp but the keys to that car will have to be pried from my cold dead hand.

Oh yeah....still do!

homer drooling (small).jpg

homer drooling (small).jpg

Kevin, it looks like they say MB motorsports. never heard of them before.

I kinda like them, but just not on the Newport.

so here's the Crispyness in all it's glory. lol

DSC04386.jpg
DSC04417.jpg

Going to put clear over the sticker so it doesn't degrade anymore than it is...
DSC04408.jpg

DSC04386.jpg

DSC04417.jpg

DSC04408.jpg

They had to know that that was going to happen by this point.

It is amazing how many thousands ( hundreds of thousands?) of trunks rotted away because of the stupid crappy POS trunk mat.
And ALL those people never lifted it up?????

They are nothing but a , Moisture trap I always take my mats out my cars ,During tHe winter because I ain't got a garage ,It helps a bit .

So what say ye about it cleaning and sealing it?

Im thinking POR15 to seal it, but for cleaning? DA and 60 grit? chemicals?

Very nice!! I just ran thru the 3 pages of info (and 12 pages of smart-assery lol)

Is that rustoleum stuff tintable then? I'd much rather use that than the POR15. also, what grit(?) wire wheel did you use? or is it just called a wire cup?

I used one of these on my grinder. It went through everything like warm butter.
Wear a mask.
solinnflex-cup-brush-twisted.jpg

I saw that there were three manufacturers of that stuff at Home Depot. I bought the Rusto because it was tintable. Turns out, since I finished it with trunk spatter paint, the tinting was moot.
It took 5 cans of spatter paint, btw. 40 bucks, ughhhh!

Oh, and you only need two tubes of seam sealer, not 3.
On the rust converter, a qt. will be plenty. I didn't know when I bought the gal. My experience saves you money.

How you lay it down will determine the roughness of the final finish. Brush it. Don't roll it.

Good luck.

And yes, it it wasn't for all the smart assery, every thread would be boring and die an early death.

I used one of these on my grinder. It went through everything like warm butter.
Wear a mask.
solinnflex-cup-brush-twisted.jpg

I saw that there were three manufacturers of that stuff at Home Depot. I bought the Rusto because it was tintable. Turns out, since I finished it with trunk spatter paint, the tinting was moot.

On the rust converter, a qt. will be plenty. I didn't know when I bought the gal. My experience saves you money.

How you lay it down will determine the roughness of the final finish. Brush it. Don't roller it.

Good luck.

And yes, it it wasn't for all the smart assery, every thread would be boring and die an early death.

thank you! and yes, the smart-assery is what keeps me coming back lol

Nice car! Love the GTX and Dart as well, very cool set you have there. I did the same to my trunk in my fury Commando! Worked great.

finally got her covered..

sucks she needs to live outside, but...at least she's protected with 7 layers!! yes, 7 layers of fabric impregnated with Rustoleum water-proof protection!!!! :eek:s_dancing2:

DSC04427.jpg

DSC04430.jpg

I havent looked in the wheelhouse since the rain started a couple days ago...but im hoping the drivers carpet isn't soaked...again :soapbox:

carpet is going to get cut out once the rain stops anyways, that should take care of most of the mold stench.

then it's time to chase the dragon...

DSC04427.jpg

DSC04430.jpg

Back