For Sale The Famous 4-speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Zac for going out and seeing it.
Curiosity satisfied. :thumbsup:
:thankyou:

No problem! Was happy to finally see it for myself.

Tough question...
Lemme take a stab at it.
When it left me, the exterior needed to be worked on next. Presently, it's gonna take a lot of more than it's worth. The neglect crossed the line of reasonable return.
Interior: the vinyl has become very discolored.
Mechanically, it "appears" OK but I wasn't there.
IF it was given back to me as it is now, I would just cruise locally with it and not invest any money into it. Use it. Enjoy it. Don't obsess over it.

Zac, HowTF could you forget about the A/C?? :lol:

It's a 4-5 grand car.

I’m just naturally used to not having A/C... lol.

That sounds like a reasonable offer price to me.

I do like the car quite a bit personally. It’s a solid driver as stated at the moment. She ran decent, and seemed like she would take a road trip. Hard to say for sure though as we only went around the block.

It’s had a much easier time then my poor Newport after leaving my hands!! LOl

hey Zac .. did Tommy indicate he still had the skirts?

He did say he has them.

Why do they leave to a buyer promising the best of intentions only to be flipped, diminished and flipped some more?

I fully understand the "Its dead to me" remark . Still gnaws at a previous owner though no matter how hard you resist .

Wasn't the car in Wisconsin or Minnesota for a few years? I don't remember it having that much rust when Stan had it.

I would agree $4k-$5k now.

Interior still looks good. Drivetrain is good.

It'll take $10k-$15k to fix the body, vinyl, and paint.

I think he's asking $13.5k.....

Wasn't the car in Wisconsin or Minnesota for a few years? I don't remember it having that much rust when Stan had it.

I would agree $4k-$5k now.

Interior still looks good. Drivetrain is good.

It'll take $10k-$15k to fix the body, vinyl, and paint.

I think he's asking $13.5k.....
There's the Reader's Digest version of the whole thing.
I agree with Bob.

What would you pay for it if you found one in that condition with the original automatic?

How much is the properly executed 4 speed conversion worth to you over and above that?

Add those 2 numbers together plus a few bucks because it's a one of none 3 pedal Formal and there's the price.

I don't know if Stan ever disclosed a parts and price list or the number of hours of talent he used to pull that conversion off but I'm thinking it's a lot more than most realize.

Kevin

It was sickening.
Worst money I ever wasted.
But I'm glad I did it.

Any endeavor in a Formal will have you upside down on day one.

These beauties are a passion and a labor of love project and in the end barely worth $2500. LOL.

What would you pay for it if you found one in that condition with the original automatic?

How much is the properly executed 4 speed conversion worth to you over and above that?

Add those 2 numbers together plus a few bucks because it's a one of none 3 pedal Formal and there's the price.

I don't know if Stan ever disclosed a parts and price list or the number of hours of talent he used to pull that conversion off but I'm thinking it's a lot more than most realize.

Kevin
Any endeavor in a Formal will have you upside down on day one.

These beauties are a passion and a labor of love project and in the end barely worth $2500. LOL.
Kevin forgot to subtract those numbers... he'd have hit right on $2500 if he did. :lol:

Not the same engine you built tho, right?
Gets confusing here.
All I can maybe say is, same block....
It's not the engine I built.
I'm guessing it didn't use breaker points while in your possession...
3516a9ba-ad55-4549-b1cb-04ead6eb4e96-jpeg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back