The first ride with my '71Sport Fury

What did you do with the new door pulls from Bob Baker? Weren't they for this car or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Oh, I'm very sorry but I actually forgot to show the result here.
The driver's side was quite easy to fix...

20201024_163155.jpg

20201024_163539.jpg

The passenger side was a bit more difficult as the fastening behind the panel was no longer there. Therefore it took a little longer until I had the time and found someone who would give me a hand...

20201024_162606.jpg

20210627_100753.jpg

We also glued the panel and brought it back into shape at the same time.

20210627_103238.jpg

The result of the operation is sensational! Another complete interior ...

20210627_130050.jpg

Again, thank you so much Steve. Without your help this result would not have been possible!!!

Thank you Joerg for showing the final result for this group. I still have not needed new ones made by Bob Baker yet since I still have a couple nos ones that are fine but for all my cars I will need some in the future. This is the first time I have actually seen his installed in a car.

About 1 1/2 to 2 years ago I asked Bob to consider having these reproduced since so many of us will need those door pulls in the future. Bob did an outstanding job in making the reproductions happen. He succeeded where, in my opinion, the full resources within the Chrysler 300 Club were unable to achieve a result for the Hurst models that were anywhere close in my opinion. These look right on!

So I am hoping those of you needing these door pulls will purchase some from him so they can be profitable for him.

I am very glad I was able to help supply you the hardware to make yours happen Joerg.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thank you Joerg for showing the final result for this group. I still have not needed new ones made by Bob Baker yet since I still have a couple nos ones that are fine but for all my cars I will need some in the future. This is the first time I have actually seen his installed in a car.

About 1 1/2 to 2 years ago I asked Bob to consider having these reproduced since so many of us will need those door pulls in the future. Bob did an outstanding job in making the reproductions happen. He succeeded where, in my opinion, the full resources within the Chrysler 300 Club were unable to achieve a result for the Hurst models that were anywhere close in my opinion. These look right on!

So I am hoping those of you needing these door pulls will purchase some from him so they can be profitable for him.

I am very glad I was able to help supply you the hardware to make yours happen Joerg.

Enjoy!

Yes, Bob did a really excellent job.

The Sport Fury gets a lot of attention at meetings. That's why I often have the opportunity to talk to people about one or the other detail.
I try to do a lot of publicity for the good work done by ABC Moparts and at least, I know one of my friends wants Bob to renew the door pull handles for his 70s Chrysler 300...

@300L -- thank you for posting more photos of your car. Great EV2 SF!

A special shoutout to @saforwardlook -- this is one more example of how he is a wonderful help to all C-body lovers. He knows things, knows people, and generously shares his time and knowledge.

I can confirm that to more than 100% :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back