The "Grinch"

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ridiculously Large Pedestal Grinder - tools - by owner - sale

not mine and not posting as a for sale ad.Just thought you guys would like to drool over old grinders and vises and such like I do:realcrazy:

01111_uaOqqqtKiez_0co0gw_1200x900.jpg

00101_2qVOcviZvfrz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

As someone very wise passed down to me when I was in the business...

"The secondary function of a grinder is to grind metal. Its primary function is to kill you."

I remember having a wheel on a big pedestal grinder like that one explode. Fortunately it hadn't gotten to speed yet and it just dumped the remnants of the wheel out of the front. Turns out the guy that used it before me cracked the wheel doing something really stupid.

Always stand to the side when firing one up, even the little guy on the bench in your shop. Ring test any wheel before putting it on and be sure the cardboard is still on the side of the wheel. These are a couple tips on how to fool the grinder into not killing you.

As someone very wise passed down to me when I was in the business...

"The secondary function of a grinder is to grind metal. Its primary function is to kill you."

I remember having a wheel on a big pedestal grinder like that one explode. Fortunately it hadn't gotten to speed yet and it just dumped the remnants of the wheel out of the front. Turns out the guy that used it before me cracked the wheel doing something really stupid.

Always stand to the side when firing one up, even the little guy on the bench in your shop. Ring test any wheel before putting it on and be sure the cardboard is still on the side of the wheel. These are a couple tips on how to fool the grinder into not killing you.

B84C66C3-D8B6-414C-94A0-E1B782B9C9F0.jpeg

Can you even buy a American made HD vise anymore?
I was looking at Home Depot and they were all garbage imports!

The good news is, by used, the good old made in the USA stuff is out there.:usflag:

Back