The NYB overheated on I-4 yesterday...

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
It was the thermostat.

Knock that POS into oblivion!

Thank you. That is all. :tiphat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it or not. I swear by the T-stats that Mother haz the Mexicans making for all the Mopars for many yearz now. For the slight difference in price over the partz storez I won't even bother going to those outfits no matter how much I'd save.

That Video was lame. I expected some explicit language with a Boston Accent. ;)

It was the thermostat.

Knock that POS into oblivion!

Thank you. That is all. :tiphat:

Nice......a little commentary would of put over the top! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
When my 6-month-old cheapo $5.76-plus-tax basic Napa thermostat really did fail me a few months back I immediately thought of FCBO. I hop out of the car at work one morning and lo..... a large (and growing) green puddle of 383 life-blood emanated from beneath my dear '66. *sigh* So I sprung for the whiz-bang $19.99 Mr. Gasket special. It must have been very special since they charged me so much. But I can be counted with that small cadre of similarly-afflicted brethren and say with confidence, it was the thermostat.

I'm going to say that that with every thermostat (Robert Shaw, Stant, Mr. Gasket, NAPA, et al) you have a 50/50 chance of it failing within six months.
(Caution. IOM about to spew forth yet another rant):
There was a time you could throw in a replacement thermostat, usually an A.C. Delco, and you never dealt with it again.

Stan.....How about posting a picture of your gauge with the engine at normal operating temp?

I'm always curious to where the needle is on the gauge on formal's since there's no numbers on our temp gauges. Mine is about an 1/8" above the line normally. Even in 107 degree ambient temp in bumper to bumper traffic at Carlisle. I'll post a picture on Sunday...I'll finally have a day off (to watch the Packers)!!!

With a 180°F 'stat:

95tlrKV.jpg

It gets 107 at Carlisle.... that's my kind of weather.

Stan.....How about posting a picture of your gauge with the engine at normal operating temp?

I'm always curious to where the needle is on the gauge on formal's since there's no numbers on our temp gauges. Mine is about an 1/8" above the line normally. Even in 107 degree ambient temp in bumper to bumper traffic at Carlisle. I'll post a picture on Sunday...I'll finally have a day off (to watch the Packers)!!!

Heat index. No need for this show business hype in our weather. We know what hot and humid feels like!!

Back