For Sale the one that didn't sell on Ebay? 1972 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham Four Door Hardtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauterd

Reaction score
Contact seller
54500890-770-0@2x.jpg

Just a pic?

Price seems a little steep for a plain-Jane 4 door NY'er with rust in the quarters.

"Let the buyer beware" is one of the best pieces of advice of all time! As far as 72 Chryslers, I like that 72s are still of the fuselage era but I never took to the pinched center in the grille, it looks too delicate. I think the 70 and 71 Chrysler grilles are a better design. A car that large needs a strong looking, continuously flowing length grille (like 70 and 71) to support the rest of the massive design of the entire car.

Gesswein, if you watch their ads, changes prices constantly and always has cars listed everywhere it seems. I have speculated and heard speculation as to what in the world they are trying to accomplish... If I were a sharp IRS agent, I would look into their sales vs expenses pretty hard. I believe the main objective here is for someone to write off an old car hobby and maybe move values up a bit.

I never have contacted them, but their website does say the classics are stored offsite from the dealership...

Guesswein and others like them have long offered older cars for sale at prices that are not favorable to keeping our hobby financially available to a majority of hobbyits. If a 72 New Yorker in overall good condition sells at say, $5000, it is fair and reasonable to assume that it is affordable to a wide array of hobbyists. But double or triple the price and find the fool that PAYS it pushes up the price when other sellers wish to offer their 72 New Yorker. That's price gouging and unfortunately creates false values. I encourage boycotting any overpriced vehicle. If we are to successfully pass the hobby on to the younger generation, to keep the hobby alive, then we need to abort the buying inflated priced old cars. Of course, another serious downturn in the economy and will prices go down anyway. I remember in 2008 a pal of mine has his eye on a 70 Imperial for a while, it was overpriced by six months later and the economy stinking the owner accepted a fair price. That made both the seller and buyer happy. That's good business. It keeps the hobby at fair prices. So, boycott sellers and consignment dealers that are trying to out price and ruin the hobby.

course, another serious downturn in the economy and will prices go down anyway.

With the economic oblivion that has hit us in Alberta I expected the same with all the oil field guys dumping their cars to pay rent but it hasn't happened. Not many bargains around here currently :(

Don't fret...expensive items of almost every nature (houses, cars, jewelry, business equipment, etc) become very negotiable during a down turn economy. I've always low balled my first offer (knowing full well that I'm prepared to pay a little more). Sometimes the seller actually accepted my first offer! Other times I let them counter offer and then I accepted the deal. It made them feel happy to think they outsmarted me but in reality their counter offer was still far below their original inflated asking price and I got what I wanted for a fair price. It's not to say that we should gain out of someone else's misfortune. Never that. But nothing wrong with hammering down an inflated price to a fair level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back