The Servprolara

It really warms my heart to see one in such good shape. I know Wyatt is wanting to make a towing vehicle out of it, but, I have a soft spot for the unsung heros of the service world.
That being said, I would still make what I wanted out of this wagon.
It deserves an upgrade and some love after its life of service.

Actually they do . The admission price on this one was low enough , Wyatt took a gamble and won.

I would say for a project wagon this is definitely one of the better ones I've seen. Most have terrible rust issues. I have it built in my head already. Got a couple others ahead of it. Main thing is getting it on the road right now and collecting various parts.

I would say for a project wagon this is definitely one of the better ones I've seen. Most have terrible rust issues. I have it built in my head already. Got a couple others ahead of it. Main thing is getting it on the road right now and collecting various parts.

Agree

Actually they do . The admission price on this one was low enough , Wyatt took a gamble and won.
I guess I should have said “much” rather than “any”.
All I meant was that for it’s history and neglect it’s a darn solid start for a project. I’m sure Wyatt is very happy with its condition.
It was an offhand, enthusiastic comment.

Your wagon really looks straight Wyatt. Congrats. Can't wait to see it.

Messing with the donor today.

383 turns by hand. SCORE AGAIN.

I am going to take the tilt wheel and send it out to be redone in black. Thinking about having some orange and green flake added to the clear. Tying the Servpro theme into the interior.

20190318_174257.jpg

20190318_174323.jpg

20190318_174247.jpg

Your parts wagon is a gem in itself, all those great parts...heck that tilt column and cruise control combo is a valuable option. Too bad it was banged up so much just pushing it around. Still a great deal though, should be able to swap all that stuff by next weekend :poke:

Congrats on the donor 383 turning over by hand! Did you spray oil into the cylinders to add some lube for the roll over?
No I didnt because I really didnt expect it to turn...but it did and I know now it is loose. I only turned it maybe 180 degrees and stopped for that reason.

So I had to track down a window motor for the tailgate...
I called Hidden Valley auto parts, They had one in stock. I asked for a picture and it was the later 72-3 style and insisted I was wrong.
I called Wildcat, They had one they had to go pull and test. $150 and still havent heard back.
I called DVAP...they didnt have one but told me to call...Mopar City...(I forget I have them 20 minutes away)
So I called Mopar City and sent him a picture...he said that doesn't look like what I have but c'mon down since you are local and we will set you up with something...cool!
Last night doing some research I determined that Chrysler had to have used this style motor somewhere else...and they did...I found an almost direct match on Ebay. 61 Chrysler door window motor. Bingo.
Today at Mopar City, I get there and the motor he had waiting was definitely not correct and he said c'mon back and I walked into a world of Hemi parts and other high dollar mopar parts...but I wasn't shocked, I want C body crap. We headed to the power window motors and I dig this out of a box. Says 62 Chrysler. But I see that the actual drive motor is the same, and in perfect shape... I unbolted the gearset from the actual wagon motor itself, one at a time changed the bolts and BOOM...I have one like new 1969 Polara tailgate motor. For $85 dollars I couldn't say no with how nice it is. I got a mini tour of the yard. (No Pics) saw some of the C body cars...and talked for sometime before he had to get back to work and I had to go deliver a 383 to a friend. I remembered I forgot to grab my OEM rubberband for my original window motor on his work bench...I'll be headed back Saturday with hopefully some exciting news.

Top picture is the 62 Chrysler set up, bottom picture is the modified 62 Motor with 69 Wagon gearset bolted to it.

received_423992715022428.jpeg

received_300895640577182.jpeg

Back