The Servprolara

FASTER TO ANY SIZE DISASTER!

Screenshot_20190315-235409_Chrome.jpg

I'd wager a skilled bodyman could remove that rear window from the tailgate and work most of that dent out from the inside.

Great story and awesome wagon!
FYI,if you were not aware,early 318's the timing cover issue is not uncommon.
They are known to corrode to the point of leaking.
If you plan on keeping the 'teen in the car,
be sure to score a good decent cover 68-69-70. 273 340 same.
They have the timing marks on the passenger side.
Newer timing covers have timing marks on the driver's side.
A sensous repair.."since you was" there do a timing chain swap same time.

If you can only find a newer timing cover,get the matching balancer with the timing mark to match up.

Great story and awesome wagon!
FYI,if you were not aware,early 318's the timing cover issue is not uncommon.
They are known to corrode to the point of leaking.
If you plan on keeping the 'teen in the car,
be sure to score a good decent cover 68-69-70. 273 340 same.
They have the timing marks on the passenger side.
Newer timing covers have timing marks on the driver's side.
A sensous repair.."since you was" there do a timing chain swap same time.

If you can only find a newer timing cover,get the matching balancer with the timing mark to match up.
I actually have a 69 timing cover in the shop right now! There is a pellet sized hole by the dipstick...I was filling the radiator with water to see where my leak was. Got towards the end of the gallon and it started peeing straight up next to the dipstick, my father and I were like...HUH? That's the cracked block???? Excellent.

I would contact Servpro iiwy and ask for a sticker , show them a picture of the car and they will send you one……......i guess.
( make the sticker look older and no one would know….except we will…)
20190316_180702-jpg.jpg

I’ve got a newer style cover if you need it.

View attachment 270246

View attachment 270247
Fine and dandy Triple Pickle.
OP says he has a 69 timing cover waiting to go on.
Using the later cover will require a later matching balancer with the related timing mark.
68-69 Shown here for comparison to your pic and reference for others who were not aware of the difference...
s-l1600.jpg

Fine and dandy Triple Pickle.
OP says he has a 69 timing cover waiting to go on.
Using the later cover will require a later matching balancer with the related timing mark.
68-69 Shown here for comparison to your pic and reference for others who were not aware of the difference...
View attachment 270267
I haven’t seen one like that in a while! On kinda another subject, if Wyatt should go the 383 route, I should have the tin and other bits for the 69 383 he already bought from me. (Valve covers, brackets, and an electronic distributor from a 400)

Back