The Sport Fury is standing tall!

MoparJim

Reaction score
After a number of years of neglect in the back of the garage most of the work I needed to have done has been completed and my '68 Sport Fury convertible is back on the road. Many thanks go out to my Mopar buddies Randy, Frank, and John, for all their work, advice and encouragement in getting this all done. You may recall the new tires and wheels that went on a couple months back, but that was just the start. Here is what we have done over the last few months: '73 C-body disc brake conversion up front, new full tti exhaust, new water pump, new belts and hoses, new timing gear and chain, new spark plugs, new trans fluid and pan, refreshed radiator, new thermostat, new alternator and voltage regulator, new shocks on all four corners, a front end rebuild, and the entire engine scrubbed clean and repainted. There may be a few things I have forgotten, but you can see we have been busy and she now purrs like a kitten! A few of my friends and I drove over to Cupertino on Sunday for the Mopar show at DeAnza College and here is a picture of the Sport Fury just as we were leaving, and one of the engine bay all shiny and clean. It was a little too cold to put the top down, but what a blast to drive! Awesome!

2017 Mopar Rally.JPG

68 Sport Fury 383.JPG

Looks like you have done some very nice work on that beauty. 68 Furys were my favorites of all the slab side C bodies except the 65 Chrysler, which was a tie in my eyes. Enjoy!

More, more, we need to see more!

Hardly noticed the green car next to yours.:thumbsup:

Back