They find me

Tech is easier now than thirty years ago. Take that however you see fit. It can be argued either way. If you make it such a ***** to pass tech entrants will disappear. Too easy you have a bunch of track oilers making long boring wait times. If someone dies well that puts a damper on the whole night. Fine line between safety and good racing. I was not there in the mid sxties, but I'm going to guess that the track operators then walked pretty far from the safety line from what I have read, to put on a show.
This is also coming out of the NHRA fuel ban, so national sanctioned tracks is not where I'm talking about.

That’s true. Was some crazy outlaw stuff in the south back then and today. But this car came out of southern Cali

Thinking about it, I got looked over pretty well when I started racing at one local track. It was a sanctioned NHRA track called ESTA Safety park and the word "Safety" is in the name, so maybe that was it. As time went on, they got to know me and it was more of a quick glance.

Other, unsanctioned tracks... I got pushed through tech all the time. Never had anyone even open a hood. Of course, those were the tracks were I saw guys run off the end, take the lights or tree out and stuff like that.

Thinking about it, I got looked over pretty well when I started racing at one local track. It was a sanctioned NHRA track called ESTA Safety park and the word "Safety" is in the name, so maybe that was it. As time went on, they got to know me and it was more of a quick glance.

Other, unsanctioned tracks... I got pushed through tech all the time. Never had anyone even open a hood. Of course, those were the tracks were I saw guys run off the end, take the lights or tree out and stuff like that.
The only track that checks me close is Virginia Motorsports Park. Twice I’ve been told sign the waiver & race today but dont bring the car back untill you fix these things. One time I was given a list LOL. I’m sure I’ll get a warning again next time I go.

Back