Thinking of moving to the Lincoln County/Charlotte, NC area. Any members near there?

@FURYGT So where are your friends located? And yes they are right about the car events happening quite often. There's at least something once a month March through November within an hour drive from me with the summer time activity picking up to weekly or even a few times a week. We also like to race, shoot guns, cook stuff, and hunt/fish if you're into any of that, but you don't have to be.

By the way, what's you personal stance on guns? For, against, honestly don't care? Outside of our 2-3 big cities is gun country just so you know, and we love our guns. Also, the people outside of the big cities are genuinely nice, for the most part. ( I say this because all of the Northern transplants that I've talked to always say they moved because of the same 3 things; 1) taxes too high, 2) overbearing gun restrictions, 3) Northern people are *** holes < I think that one applies to big city people in general )

They are in Lincolnton. I don't own any guns but don't have a problem with those who lawfully own them.

As long as you are not an anti-gunner you'll be fine. As far as Lincolnton goes I've only been through there so I don't have much to say about that area other than it's too close to Cherryville. The area between Lincolnton and the lake is where I'd suggest. It's just the right blend of suburban and rural to me; you get a little room while only being a short drive to the cities. Are your friends steering you anywhere in particular?

I'm actually in Lincolnton right now and it looks nice. No steering. Have seen 2 houses that I like.

I'm actually in Lincolnton right now and it looks nice. No steering. Have seen 2 houses that I like.

Awesome. It's going to be a nice day around here. If you make it over to Concord and like Cajun food I suggest going to Razoos at Concord Mills

@FURYGT So did you hang around to see the snow today? You've got to love it; 75 this past weekend, 34 and snowing right now, 80 this coming weekend. What did/do you think of the area?

Looking for some pros and cons. Will need to buy a house with lots of garage space and find a job somewhere in the insurance industry. Sick of cold winters, snow, ice, high taxes and only being able to drive my C Body's 6 months of the year when it isn't raining all the time.
Just think, you'll have tolls soon too! LOVE THIS STATE!

Just think, you'll have tolls soon too! LOVE THIS STATE!

NOPE. No tolls in NC. I know CT hasn’t had any since the rig collided with one. They pay for the roads here by collecting a highway tax while registering cars at the DMV. Now the other states in between however..

NOPE. No tolls in NC. I know CT hasn’t had any since the rig collided with one. They pay for the roads here by collecting a highway tax while registering cars at the DMV. Now the other states in between however..
They're trying to get em back here.. I guess the income, sales AND property taxes aren't enough to git er done.

@FURYGT So did you hang around to see the snow today? You've got to love it; 75 this past weekend, 34 and snowing right now, 80 this coming weekend. What did/do you think of the area?

No. Left very early Sunday morning. How much did you get?

We liked the area very much.

No accumulation. Just snowed all morning and melted as it hit the ground.

I'm located about an hours drive from the Charlotte area and if I was you I'd look to stay close to the Lake Normal area if you can. As you start venturing West from the lake the small rural towns/cities seem to start getting worse, like Cherryville, which is a dump. Huntersville seem like a pretty nice area, which is on the South side of the lake. @FURYGT Is there a reason that you picked Lincoln County?
400 S Elm Street, Cherryville, NC, 28021-3221 - Assist2Sell

Looks like a nice place. Here's 2 houses away... and more representative of Cherryvillle :poke:
upload_2019-4-5_7-32-0.png

I am in Iron Station NC. Moved the family here 13 years ago. We love it. Great place to raise a family. Great place to be a car enthusiast.

I think that the C Body population in Lincoln and the surrounding counties may grow before the the end of the year.

Back