This is what i have busy on:

bulldogchesty

Reaction score
Guys and gal. Sounds like an old person. I have been cutting out more rust and trying to weld in patch panels, wish I had the whole panel. I am having trouble with matching up my body lines and corners. Here's some pics. newport 051.jpgnewport 052.jpgnewport 053.jpgnewport 054.jpg

newport 051.jpg

newport 052.jpg

newport 053.jpg

newport 054.jpg

I always found it easier to fabricate the repair panel before cutting out the rust. You just should fabricate it a good bit larger so you have enough repair panel to cut out more than you think at first if rust extends further than planned.

Final cut with a special thin disc through both parts simultaniously will give you perfect gap for butt welding.

To weld two parts without overlap as being visible in above pic during preparation.

Try doing that on 14GA and you're going to have nothing but seagull droppings on ruined sheet metal.
That's for 1/8" plate and up only.

Arcwelding9.gif

Hey Bulldogchesty,I remember in a previous post that you were thinking of having a quarter panel purchased and there was a problem with trying to get a large item shipped.Why didn't you call them and arrange them to just cut out the lower portion of the quarter where you needed it? It probably would have been easier and cheaper to ship,although they might have charged you for purchase of the full panel.Would have been simpler using the factory panels that trying to fabricate things from scratch.

I always found it easier to fabricate the repair panel before cutting out the rust. You just should fabricate it a good bit larger so you have enough repair panel to cut out more than you think at first if rust extends further than planned.

Final cut with a special thin disc through both parts simultaniously will give you perfect gap for butt welding.

He still can. Just have to make the pattern off of the passenger side.

http://people.delphiforums.com/snotzalot/body/paperpatterns.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do we always now have to click on the Facebook LIKE button to start a video? Is this their latest tracking device? :rant:

Back