For Sale This Pisses me off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a 70 Chrysler 300 convertible - not sure but because it has a vent wing, that is what it seems to be. That is also probably a low mileage vehicle since the passenger door pull strap is actually pretty good as are the seats. Damn shame for sure - unless it is badly rusted underneath. Being in New York, that might be a possibility. I hope that seller isn't crass enough to just take the drivetrain for some other project.

I called the seller and left a message so we'll see

I told him I was willing to buy the whole car IF its the one I believe it to be ... it could be saved. I have a few correct powertrain combos for it if thats all its missing.

If he gets back to me, my buddy will go take a personal look at it this weekend and see what happens.

UH OH... Big_John's post confirms it is NOT the car I thought .. oh well shoot. My buddy will look at it anyway, especially underside.

It looks pretty rough in the pics to me

00w0w_OH21Jkiio0_600x450.jpg

00X0X_duyWOgbX2pm_600x450.jpg

00303_4yTzDNeuMxL_600x450.jpg

so yeah justified I'd say

00w0w_OH21Jkiio0_600x450.jpg

00X0X_duyWOgbX2pm_600x450.jpg

00303_4yTzDNeuMxL_600x450.jpg

If you get it and decide to part it out. I do need a good top frame and if those floor pans or tunk are solid at all I could use those. I know it stinks to part one out but some must die so others can get back on the road. :eusa_boohoo:

If you get it and decide to part it out. I do need a good top frame and if those floor pans or tunk are solid at all I could use those. I know it stinks to part one out but some must die so others can get back on the road. :eusa_boohoo:

Surely will. if it has to be sacrificed then it does as a LAST resort so other, better cars any of us have can be preserved/assisted in restoration.

Its rougher than I like to start with but we'll get some eyeballs on it and see. I will get pics and report out here too.

Anyway, I don't need the parts you asked about, if it comes to that and I have the car, I will PM you about them.

But if anyone here wants it and will try to restore it for sure no matter what shape its in, then please go for it. I will happily step aside (assuming I am in position to do so ... still haven't heard from seller) for anyone on this Forum who is sure they will restore it.

Surely will. if it has to be sacrificed then it does as a LAST resort so other, better cars any of us have can be preserved/assisted in restoration.

Its rougher than I like to start with but we'll get some eyeballs on it and see. I will get pics and report out here too.

Anyway, I don't need the parts you asked about, if it comes to that and I have the car, I will PM you about them.

But if anyone here wants it and will try to restore it for sure no matter what shape its in, then please go for it. I will happily step aside (assuming I am in position to do so ... still haven't heard from seller) for anyone on this Forum who is sure they will restore it.

Sounds good let me know how she looks in person. Thanks

But if anyone here wants it and will try to restore it for sure no matter what shape its in, then please go for it. I will happily step aside ,,, for anyone on this Forum who is sure they will restore it.

Sounds good let me know how she looks in person. Thanks

My guy went by there. The interior has been been completely removed and is indoors being cleaned up by the Seller..thats good. I made an offer on complete interior, minus dash and the rear seats (seats which are narrower in a 'vert yes?)

Front clip good. Inner fenders good. Bumpers low driver quality and would make good cores for replating. But, trunk is gone, driver floor pan, entire rear floor pan, quarters all gone. intact but large areas soft enough to push your finger through.

My guy said he couldn't get underside pics as car is on the ground now. His judgment is she went from bottom up (typical) as even the white painted parts of the interior side of floor pan are "soft" and "bubbled".

Seller reported underside to be "pretty crispy all over" and was not trying to hide anything in my guy's judgment. Its advertised as parts car and thats how it looks.

Seller was not that keen on making a deal for the WHOLE car though when I spoke to him today but said we could talk about it.

Vehicle was last on the road in 1980. In bad storage part of the time, part of the time sitting outside getting waterlogged, and ten years of Buffalo weather when it was on the road before all that. Seller believes its original 41,000 mile car. Believes its had at least three owners before him.

I am going to see it personally Tuesday next week and make my final decision on it. Hard, hard resto though as it sits I think.

Anyone wanting it as a complete car to restore should go ahead and go for it BUT you outta put eyeballs on it too, My body guy thinks its gone. So does the seller. We'll see next week.

I thought the metal would probably be like that being from the NE. The search continues for a full floor and trunk pan!!

Yes, rear seat is narrower/different.

That's about what I figured the car would be. Looked complete, but really rough.

You can buy a 70 300 vert that's decent for a lot less than the cost of fixing that one.

If all else fails I have a 69 300 top frame minus the front header. I'll let it go cheap if you can figure how to get it.

That really shouldnt be that hard

It has been a bear finding a good solid floor and trunk pan that someone is willing to cut out! Most of them that have popped up have been rotten or the guys say they don't want to take the time to cut out all the spot welds to do it the right way! I have been looking for 6 months now and no luck on stuff that will fit a 69!

Just curious...Was the car complete when he got it? Does he know where the powertrain went?

If all else fails I have a 69 300 top frame minus the front header. I'll let it go cheap if you can figure how to get it.

Wrap it up in a blanket with tape & send it Greyhound. I shipped a 72 Front fender & a driveshaft that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back